FLexit or remain

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

andgarod
Now is the time to vote with your feet and your voice
Lets make it a partisan crowd on saturday
Remember Cheltenham voted remain

Say we are staying up , we are staying up!
theidlerich
Cheltenham and Cotswold constituencies voted to remain - however their respective MP's voted Brexit in the Commons; so letting down their constituents!
I'll be there Saturday; even looking to bring for my 'old' rattle to make even more noise in an attempt to drown out the 'ill mannered guy' sitting in front of me! Fingers crossed.....
everyman
andgarod wrote:Now is the time to vote with your feet and your voice
Lets make it a partisan crowd on saturday
Remember Cheltenham voted remain

Say we are staying up , we are staying up!
Our crowd will be just like our visiting ones on sat.MUTES ?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Mods. Delete the political commentary please. Unsavoury and no place here.
andgarod
so i say remain in the FL end of
Shade
theidlerich wrote: I'll be there Saturday; even looking to bring for my 'old' rattle to make even more noise in an attempt to drown out the 'ill mannered guy' sitting in front of me! Fingers crossed.....
Aren't those banned from football grounds as they can be used as a weapon?
longmover
umbrellas are banned
andgarod
vote FLremain £12 per person COYR
Jerry St Clair
Shade wrote:
theidlerich wrote: I'll be there Saturday; even looking to bring for my 'old' rattle to make even more noise in an attempt to drown out the 'ill mannered guy' sitting in front of me! Fingers crossed.....
Aren't those banned from football grounds as they can be used as a weapon?
They aren't specifically mentioned in the list of banned items in the ground regs:

Ground Regulation 7
The following articles must not be brought within the Ground - knives, fireworks, smoke canisters, air-horns, flares, weapons, dangerous or hazardous items, laser devices, bottles, glass vessels, cans, poles and any article that might be used as a weapon and/or compromise public safety. Any person in possession of such items will be refused entry to the Ground.

Though "any article that might be used as a weapon and/or compromise public safety" gives the club plenty of scope for discretion. I suspect a steward would use their judgement. I once had a lipsalve confiscated at Swindon on the basis that it "might harbour dangerous chemicals".
leohoenig
I had a pen confiscated on entry to one of the Euro 2016 games, apparently also a potential weapon (its mightier than a sword, after all). The second pen, in another pocket was ignored
Shade
I always love it when they take the tops off of bottles of coke at away grounds. Like the tops can be thrown but the bottles can't.
Si Robin
It's more to do with the fact that a sealed bottle is more dangerous and heavier than a bottle with no lid. Throw a bottle with no lid and the fluid will start pouring out. Throw a full bottle and it can do some serious damage.
andgarod
I always used to wonder why they three bottles full of lager in the 60s, I know now it wasnt lager
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The real shame is, of course, that any such security methods are needed at all. In a way, it would be better if they let us take whatever we wanted into the ground, and then if anyone chucks anything or causes potential arrest them and ban them. After a while all the morons would have been filtered out leaving normal people to go to matches without being searched or having everyday items taken off them.
Shade
At least we don't chase innocent fans down stands, kicking and punching them, and then pushing them to their deaths all over mistaken identity.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:At least we don't chase innocent fans down stands, kicking and punching them, and then pushing them to their deaths all over mistaken identity.
Indeed, people have caused far more death and injury than rattles, umbrellas or bottle lids, so given the broad terms on the ticket banning "any article that might be used as a weapon and/or compromise public safety" there is a bigger argument for banning people than any items.
Jerry St Clair
Shade wrote:I always love it when they take the tops off of bottles of coke at away grounds. Like the tops can be thrown but the bottles can't.
The first time this happened to me, years ago, I asked why I couldn't have the top. I was told "because you could p!## in it and chuck it at the other fans".

Only at a football ground could a customer be spoken to like that and it be deemed acceptable.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Jerry St Clair wrote:
Shade wrote:I always love it when they take the tops off of bottles of coke at away grounds. Like the tops can be thrown but the bottles can't.
The first time this happened to me, years ago, I asked why I couldn't have the top. I was told "because you could p!## in it and chuck it at the other fans".

Only at a football ground could a customer be spoken to like that and it be deemed acceptable.
Unfortunately, that probably counts as polite amongst some of the football goers in the UK.
everyman
leohoenig wrote:I had a pen confiscated on entry to one of the Euro 2016 games, apparently also a potential weapon (its mightier than a sword, after all). The second pen, in another pocket was ignored
Was one of them a NATIONAL FRONT LE PEN ?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
everyman wrote:
leohoenig wrote:I had a pen confiscated on entry to one of the Euro 2016 games, apparently also a potential weapon (its mightier than a sword, after all). The second pen, in another pocket was ignored
Was one of them a NATIONAL FRONT LE PEN ?
And then allowed in to the match when it said it was no longer Front National Le Pen, and just an independent Le Pen of the people, temporarily at least.

I think such rules are especially harsh on long away trips for fans who travel by train. When you are faced with 9 hours on a train in a day, many will take phone chargers, drinks, pens, umbrellas, etc. Not nice wondering whether your every travel items will be deemed dangerous and confiscated. Heaven forbid you have a fork for eating on the train or a can of deodorant in your bag.