Season Stats

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

shevates
Not sure if the attendance figures have been shown on here else where sorry if they have

home attendance 69,132
home average 3006
away attendance 5077
away average 221
home fans 64,055
Home fans average 2,785

away attendance 61,406
away average 2,670
Chelt support 6559 for the season
Chelt average 285 per away game

Great support for the season especially the away support. The away fans were a credit to the club especially the vocal ones they made the away games so much enjoyable. Best vocal support away at tranmere just like the good times in the league. Let's hope that away support continues on our travels. Hope my maths were correct lol
Robin
Thanks Shev I am a little surprised the average away attendance at Whaddin Road was 221, I don't remember many teams bringing more than that figure apart from the two Derby games, Grimsby and Wrexham.

Certainly felt to me that our away support was much improved in recent seasons maybe not in numbers but certainly vocal support compared to our final few seasons in the league.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:Thanks Shev I am a little surprised the average away attendance at Whaddin Road was 221, I don't remember many teams bringing more than that figure apart from the two Derby games, Grimsby and Wrexham.
They may be the only three - however they were sufficiently large enough to skew the mean. If FGR and GTFC bought 2,000 in total then we could have eight games with 0 away fans and the mean average for the ten games would still be 200.
Sprout Picker
Robin wrote:Thanks Shev I am a little surprised the average away attendance at Whaddin Road was 221, I don't remember many teams bringing more than that figure apart from the two Derby games, Grimsby and Wrexham.

Certainly felt to me that our away support was much improved in recent seasons maybe not in numbers but certainly vocal support compared to our final few seasons in the league.
We've had this conversation before - pretty certain Torquay and Tranmere brought more than 221. Think Eastleigh also had a decent number, possibly due to free coach travel or some sort of offer their end.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Sprout Picker wrote:

We've had this conversation before - pretty certain Torquay and Tranmere brought more than 221. Think Eastleigh also had a decent number, possibly due to free coach travel or some sort of offer their end.
Facts and maths - not Robin's best subjects :lol: :lol: :lol:
Andreas
I was going to post something similar but happily my figures are reasonably close.

I see though that the home average is given as 3006. This actually is the total attendance average. The home average is (as Shevates correctly says 4 lines lower) 2785.

The total attendance average is higher than the previous two years in League Two. Up to a point it shows that winning matches and playing well is more important to attendance figures than the league we are in.
Robin
Sprout Picker wrote:

Yes Sprout and I said at the time I missed the Torquay game and Tranmere only brought 250 or so.
Si Robin
250 or so being more than 221

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Si Robin wrote:250 or so being more than 221

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
See my post above :lol: :lol:
Sprout Picker
Robin wrote:
Sprout Picker wrote:

Yes Sprout and I said at the time I missed the Torquay game and Tranmere only brought 250 or so.
So why go over it all again then?! :lol:
shevates
Here's the top ten away support that visited Whaddon Road. I think it's a decent following myself

Aldershot 280
Wrexham 528
Tranmere 299
Eastleigh 401
f#!$ F G 804
Chester. 235
Torquay. 424
Kidfidlers 419
Grimsby. 542
Lincoln. 233
Total. 4165
Average. 417
asl
Who brought the fewest, Steve? I seem to recall counting (I think) 29 in the Hazelwood, one match - but I couldn't say who that was.
kora
Guisely brought 11, I seem to remember.
Shade
asl wrote:Who brought the fewest, Steve? I seem to recall counting (I think) 29 in the Hazelwood, one match - but I couldn't say who that was.
Could have been Gateshead. That was a Tuesday and I remember being able to count how many there were. Not many. The Guiseley game was the only game I missed, so I don't know about that one.
mozzo
I think Gateshead brought 9 to the midweek game in Feb I seem to recall.
jbond
My son Tommy and i are joining the travel club.We are planning on doing a few away games next season.We did four last season.I can see the average jumping to 300-400 next season.With performances improving and a team we are all fully behind,it can only grow. :D
shevates
Gateshead 12
Braintree. 30
Guiseley 31
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Fair play, 12 came and they got a point.

Just hope Carlisle and Hartlepool are not midweek matches.
Andreas
If anyone wants to see every Fifth Tier team's attendance figures for the year, then look no further:

http://european-football-statistics.co. ... eengnl.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We ended up overtaking Lincoln and finishing with the fourth highest attendance, albeit some way behind the top three
Robin
Carlisle travel really well as they have a lot of Southern fans, even mid-week I would expect them to bring 150-200 fans RCS. I would not be too surprised if the average away following at Whaddon Road is closer to 400 this year.