I celebrated like the fans when Holman signed...

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

James from the Echo
Says his Deadly Dan partner Danny Wright: bit.ly/WrightyHolman
Reliant Robin
I couldn't get the above link to open, but found the article here for anyone else not able to open it:

http://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/da ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A really positive read. Can't wait to see the partnership getting even stronger in the coming season, especially with Morgs & Billy breathing down their necks ! League 2 will dread our strike force.
Shade
"dread our strike force". How nice it is to think like that given we haven't really had any noteworthy strike forces since probably Gillespie and Odejayi, with Spencer and Guinan on the bench, and I think Wright and Holman with Waters and AMS on the bench have the potential to far better them.
Robin
I like the optimism Shade but if I was to pick one area where I'd like us to sign a player better than we have then it's upfront. I really hope they prove me wrong but I'm cautious as to whether Wright and AMS can cut it in league two. Holman however I'm sure will be a revelation and Waters has the potential to do the same.
Shade
I've just read James' piece on the six best striking partnerships Cheltenham have had. I was more than a little surprised that he couldn't find one better than Wes Thomas and Jeff Goulding, whilst overlooking Gillespie and Odejayi, or even at a push Alsop and Richards (lol). At least we got promoted with the Gillespie and Odejayi...
Ralph
Alsop and Naylor was the best 2 we ever had upfront
Ralph
or Jason, Dale and Larry in our promotion season up from the Conf
horlickfanclub
Lewis/ Evans

Horlick/Gadston
Horlick/ Lloyd
Artemis
Smith and Eaton, and Smith and Boyle
little mo
Ralph wrote:Alsop and Naylor was the best 2 we ever had upfront
Agree with this. :D :D
Robin
I'd also go with that as a partnership they complimented each other so well.
asl
Robin wrote:I'd also go with that as a partnership they complimented each other so well.
"That was a great goal, Tony"
"Why, thanks, Jules - I wish I could head the ball like you, though"
"Oh, please...any fool can head a ball - to have footwork like yours, that's a real mark of a skilful player"
"You're making me blush, Jules...high praise, indeed, coming from a legend such as yourself"
"You also have great hair, today - be a shame to head the ball with that, anyway"
"Thanks for noticing! Ooo...are those new boots you have on...? And red and white is so your colour, you know."
Shade
I never realised they were such a lovely couple :lol:
Robin
asl wrote:
Robin wrote:I'd also go with that as a partnership they complimented each other so well.
"That was a great goal, Tony"
"Why, thanks, Jules - I wish I could head the ball like you, though"
"Oh, please...any fool can head a ball - to have footwork like yours, that's a real mark of a skilful player"
"You're making me blush, Jules...high praise, indeed, coming from a legend such as yourself"
"You also have great hair, today - be a shame to head the ball with that, anyway"
"Thanks for noticing! Ooo...are those new boots you have on...? And red and white is so your colour, you know."
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :D :D