It will help

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

andgarod
The pitch looked in very good nick on Tuesday night
Lush and thick and from where I was no obvious poor spots apart for one just outside the circle towards the hazelwood there appeared to be a darker lower patch (fox damage perhaps)

Good to see the pitch being walked at half time

A good playing surface will help us and will also help some of our opponents
Weather and overuse will determine if the £30K spent was enough
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
andgarod wrote:The pitch looked in very good nick on Tuesday night
Lush and thick and from where I was no obvious poor spots apart for one just outside the circle towards the hazelwood there appeared to be a darker lower patch (fox damage perhaps)

Good to see the pitch being walked at half time

A good playing surface will help us and will also help some of our opponents
Weather and overuse will determine if the £30K spent was enough
Should have spent £80k and it should all have come from the Gloucester rent.
andgarod
or perhaps the best solution would have been no gloucester rent
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
andgarod wrote:or perhaps the best solution would have been no gloucester rent
Yes, obviously.
everyman
Here for 2 more years i reckon,nothing happening over there ?
Johnsons Red Army
Thought PB confirmed this would be the final season?
Ralph
Johnsons Red Army wrote:Thought PB confirmed this would be the final season?
He did..
everyman
Ralph wrote:
Johnsons Red Army wrote:Thought PB confirmed this would be the final season?
He did..
He is a politician ?
rasta
Police have thrown a spanner in the works for planning, delayed start
Malabus
We can't rely on Gloucester poor rent every season. The costs outweigh the up keep of the pitch. Can't keep going in that direction or the squatters will never leave.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
rasta wrote:Police have thrown a spanner in the works for planning, delayed start
Not our problem. PB said this is the last season and he must stand by that. Whether Gloucester have their own ground or need to find somewhere else to play is irrelevant.
Ralph
PB does need to stand by it and make sure this is the last season. However, he is also a politician and, (well you all know what they do)
London Exile
Pitch looks really good, hopefully the summer investment will help and it will hold up to the rigours of 50-60 games.

As for this being Gloucester's last season, I wouldn't be surprised if they are here in 2017/18 season as it looks like another delay to their application.
As much as I like to see Gloucester City suffer on the pitch, their supporters must really despair at the debacle that confuse between the club and council
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
London Exile wrote:Pitch looks really good, hopefully the summer investment will help and it will hold up to the rigours of 50-60 games.

As for this being Gloucester's last season, I wouldn't be surprised if they are here in 2017/18 season as it looks like another delay to their application.
As much as I like to see Gloucester City suffer on the pitch, their supporters must really despair at the debacle that confuse between the club and council
Delay to their application matters nothing to us. They have until March 31st to find an alternative ground.
Daveangel
Or do we?!?! :D
London Exile
Daveangel wrote:Or do we?!?! :D
You can only stay if we agree that pre season results mean nothing :D
Ralph
i think if PB goes back on his word, not only will it annoy the fans greatly, but Gary will be pretty hacked off too
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ralph wrote:i think if PB goes back on his word, not only will it annoy the fans greatly, but Gary will be pretty hacked off too
It will be Gary or Gloucester, simple as.
everyman
Ralph wrote:i think if PB goes back on his word, not only will it annoy the fans greatly, but Gary will be pretty hacked off too
I think it would be best for everyone if Cheltenham Town F.C.officially confirm this is the last year of the groundshare.Glos.will have to make a positive decision and move back to the city,instead of avoiding their responsibility to the fans and just resting here for eternity.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
everyman wrote:
I think it would be best for everyone if Cheltenham Town F.C.officially confirm this is the last year of the groundshare.Glos.will have to make a positive decision and move back to the city,instead of avoiding their responsibility to the fans and just resting here for eternity.
Indeed. Gloucester need security and a way forward. And neither of those can be found at WR.