Scoreboard

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Hubert Parry
Was conspicuous by its absence at the barnsley game. I take it that we are not getting one?
London Exile
The club are still looking for private funding to help pay for it according to James Young's article I saw earlier today -

http://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/ch ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Come on Echo, post the links to CTFC articles on the forum!
Malabus
Another project that will disappear in the mists of time.
Projects like these is why we should be billing Gloucester a realistic rent and if they are disagreeable they can feck off back to the dark side of the valley and play their hoofball at Longlevens FC.
Oldun
Have to say that I cannot for the life of me understand the burning need that some have ( and keep on about!) for this scoreboard! Why? Surely it is sense that every penny we have and can afford must go into the playing budget. Maybe, if these is some kind benefactor who wants to stump up the cash, and/or if it will make us a packet of profit every year.....but both these things seem unlikely. May I suggest that all those who feel the need to get a scoreboard get together, start a fund and buy one! Either that or turn up early enough to find out the teams and keep awake long enough to know the score throughout the game!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Oldun wrote:Have to say that I cannot for the life of me understand the burning need that some have ( and keep on about!) for this scoreboard! Why? Surely it is sense that every penny we have and can afford must go into the playing budget. Maybe, if these is some kind benefactor who wants to stump up the cash, and/or if it will make us a packet of profit every year.....but both these things seem unlikely. May I suggest that all those who feel the need to get a scoreboard get together, start a fund and buy one! Either that or turn up early enough to find out the teams and keep awake long enough to know the score throughout the game!
The clock is the most important part for me. If I forget my stop watch and/or do not check the time the second half kicks off then there is no way of knowing how long is left.
horlickfanclub
I agree Oldun. This gets really boring.
Hubert Parry
Oldun wrote:Have to say that I cannot for the life of me understand the burning need that some have ( and keep on about!) for this scoreboard! Why? Surely it is sense that every penny we have and can afford must go into the playing budget. Maybe, if these is some kind benefactor who wants to stump up the cash, and/or if it will make us a packet of profit every year.....but both these things seem unlikely. May I suggest that all those who feel the need to get a scoreboard get together, start a fund and buy one! Either that or turn up early enough to find out the teams and keep awake long enough to know the score throughout the game!
horlickfanclub wrote:I agree Oldun. This gets really boring.
Thanks for your contributions. The thread title was sufficiently clear. If you don't like the idea of a scoreboard, you were not compelled to open the thread or even to comment on it. I was seeking clarification which London Exile kindly provided.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Malabus wrote:Another project that will disappear in the mists of time.
Projects like these is why we should be billing Gloucester a realistic rent and if they are disagreeable they can feck off back to the dark side of the valley and play their hoofball at Longlevens FC.
Completely agree.
Shade
What a couple of posters on this thread don't seem to realise is that if we can raise enough money for the scoreboard then it will be another income source in which to fund the squad due to the advertising opportunities that a board of this quality presents. It's not rocket science. Also, it upgrades the ground a little bit.
Robin
The voice of common sense = Shade.
Oldun
What a couple of posters on here don't realise is that a new scoreboard will cost money and we don't have enough of that! The powers that be have the good sense to spend what limited income they have on things that are important and not simply cosmetic.

PS Note to HB....I will have a peek at any thread I want and comment if I so wish. Good! Glad we have got that straight!
Robin
Oldun the club has asked for investment to fund it, it may come from a director, a sponsor, the 500 club or simply a fan and it should eventually pay for itself, I really don't see the issue here.
andgarod
I havent seen any real request to the fans
I know of several that might be willing to put the money up providing they get a share or all of the profits till they are paid back
I know Mr Baker knows who they are
ctfc-fan
Will it generate that much income in truth? There's so much more room for advertising hoardings around the ground which could be filled and businesses aren't taking them so what will make them advertise on a scoreboard?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Daveangel
It would have looked lovely today. :)