Jennings replacement

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

ian
George McLennan (yes I spelt it correct unlike others) has not found a club, meaning he's a free agent, and can be picked up after the deadline closing. Should we go back for him, since he's a young, promising full back who needs the experience. I know he's not in Gary's good books but a youngster who had their first full season and wanted to move closer to home should be given another chance.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Good point. We do need someone in to provide cover at LB.
Artemis
Parslow, Suliman and O'Shaughnessey. Asa can probably play there too.....oh, and Barts. Plenty of cover already in the squad.
Horteng
Gary offered him a new contract, He turned it down. Cant see Gary being one to play games

Move on, We have enough cover in the squad anyway
CS85
Id have him back.its ok saying we have cover in thise players name above but its just a game or two where they could fill in and do a job.of cranston was out for a long period id want a proper left back in there........not a centre back trying to do a job.
paperboy
ian wrote:George McLennan (yes I spelt it correct unlike others) has not found a club, meaning he's a free agent, and can be picked up after the deadline closing. Should we go back for him, since he's a young, promising full back who needs the experience. I know he's not in Gary's good books but a youngster who had their first full season and wanted to move closer to home should be given another chance.
Agree-think there's a fair chance he'll be back.
Not sure we know that he is in GJ's bad books do we?
My worry is that he will be miles away from match fitness.
Robin
If GJ felt we needed a replacement we would not have let him go, at least without a back up in the pipeline.
eeneff
...let him go...
Wasn't he the one who 'refused' a new contract?
Johnsons Red Army
I think Robin was referencing JJ in his post, not GM as you are in yours eeneff.
Shade
We seriously have 4 or 5 players that can play at left back if Cranston gets injured, suspended or turns into the player we saw last season, and Jennings is only out until the start of January. We don't need another player sat on the bench, it's the whole reason Jennings has gone out.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:We seriously have 4 or 5 players that can play at left back if Cranston gets injured, suspended or turns into the player we saw last season, and Jennings is only out until the start of January. We don't need another player sat on the bench, it's the whole reason Jennings has gone out.
Square pegs?

Nowt wrong with 22 round pegs in a squad.
Artemis
And nothing wrong with players have more than one position in which they are comfortable and capable, especially at the back. It means we have greater scope for attacking options.
Shade
Square peg is making a player that doesn't know a position to play there. Utility players are small pegs that fit into many holes...ooh er. We have a few players that can comfortably play LB/LWB, or so we are told. None of them will be Danny Wright or AMS, who would be more like octagon pegs.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Octagon Pegs. Good band name.
theidlerich
Surely Polygon....................as in dead as a parrot!

[ps Can't understand why we would sign anyone from FGR........]