Paul Baker on major ground developments and Elliott Frear

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

James from the Echo
Two big lines to come out of today's webchat:

Ground swap: http://bit.ly/LandswapCTFC" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And something that's not "pure fiction" about Elliott Frear: http://bit.ly/NotFiction" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
asl
Does anyone on here owe the Echo reporters an apology...? I'm sure they'd appreciate it.
kags
asl wrote:Does anyone on here owe the Echo reporters an apology...? I'm sure they'd appreciate it.
Dale Vince for starters! Banned citizen/echo from reporting on a game and made derogatory comments about GJ. Really is an arrogant culture up there, no more friendly club on the hill or by the M5 even.
Artemis
Look, its quite possible that Cheltenham never had any direct contact with FGR about Frear, but went through his agent, who already knew of a release clause in his contract and which was agreed, then submitted to FGR. Its quite possible for both sides of the story to be correct. But that's me being charitable to them. More likely its all balls coming out of FGR to make it appear that they weren't going to sell Frear to us, when in fact they were quite prepared to do it.
kora
When the f**k Forest Green chant started, I thought it was a bit cruel to the "friendly club down the road"; a year on I'm beginning to think it may be the most appropriate chant our fans have come up with.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
kora wrote:When the f**k Forest Green chant started, I thought it was a bit cruel to the "friendly club down the road"; a year on I'm beginning to think it may be the most appropriate chant our fans have come up with.
Yup, grubby arrogant club sucking the soul out of the game.

Quizzes on the door, banning journalists, changing the kit colours, plans to move the club to a motorway junction, five million quid losses to sign moneybags players not sustained by small gates - it is a catalogue of everything to dislike about the corrupted modern game.

Paul Baker is a football man, so no wonder he is not ashamed of disliking them.