Cheltenham Town v Notts County

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

longmover
Off a notts county forum:

'We did this against Cheltenham who sounded like they are a reasonable League Two team'
darreno
For me, the one player I wanted back isn't here. Burgess I think his name is.
Chill
We also have a goalkeeper who deserves a mention, looked like he had lead in his boots for two of the goals ( although from my angle from the stand the first goal was a yard off when the pass was made) . Second goal was a quality finish but followed errors from Dickie, Downes & O'Shaughnessy , third errors from Hall, Parslow then Griffiths.
Garycpos
I thought the lads work rate was excellent but for a couple of nieve mistakes which cost us dearly. Workrate cannot be denied , thought Danny done well again with great hold up play, and Harry was man of the match by a clear margin. I thought Smith did well with the runs which freed Danny up more, and was unlucky with the run across the back to pick up the ball in the box for a shot saved by the keeper from Danny again. The basis of a fast attacking side is there to see, and we are not far away from it clicking in.

I also believe we have not had the rub of the green either over the last two games, and the two ex prem players for Notts showed the quality.
Shade
On the bright side, it should only be a couple of weeks until Holman is back in training and soon after Wright won't have to try and do all the work up front on his own and have an entire defence swarming him as they know where the ball is going every time.