Pre-Stevenage presser

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Follow it here: http://bit.ly/StevenagePresser" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
James from the Echo
Won't start a new thread, for fear of reprisals.

Gary Johnson takes the blame for Yeovil performance and how Sharon Osbourne will inspire the side: http://bit.ly/GJXFactor" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And the manager on how he has no regrets over the harsh words he's used about his team: http://bit.ly/GJNoRegrets" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lonely goat-herd
Blow that for a game of soldiers. You can't read anything without pandering to some c!#p survey.

Do we have to have links to this rubbish on here?
Robin
James and Jon please realise that a few negative posters do not represent us all - I appreciate all the stuff you write and share for one.
Reliant Robin
I'm with Robin.

JY and JP are part of the fabric of the Club. Ignore the dissent.
THECHOIRBOY
Agree with Robin and Reliant, some people just love a moan and we we appreciate the good work.

Lonely GoatHerd - rather than moaning on here, go and use up some of that energy on stepping outside and buying a paper copy of the Echo for 50p or whatever it is if you can't handle a few clicks to get past a survey and access it for free!!
kora
And the "dreaded" survey can be dispensed by one click on the skip survey tab; is that really so difficult?
Lonely goat-herd
THECHOIRBOY wrote:Agree with Robin and Reliant, some people just love a moan and we we appreciate the good work.

Lonely GoatHerd - rather than moaning on here, go and use up some of that energy on stepping outside and buying a paper copy of the Echo for 50p or whatever it is if you can't handle a few clicks to get past a survey and access it for free!!
Thanks for the advice - I do sometimes part with some of the hard-earned to buy a real copy of the Echo. I'll leave wading through the online advertising to those who can stomach it :)
andgarod
as I have said elsewhere no one forces you to open the link
However I and plenty others want to read and see and hear different opinions than those of the club
THECHOIRBOY
the survey things aren't too bad either. I am on a desktop at work so can't have ad blocker and the first question on survey just has "skip survey". It is the ones on the side that are annoying....but the pro's of good video content will always outweight the negative of annoying ads for me.

Also, depending on the video type, if you just favourite the youtube channels you are normally completely up to date without going to echo site!
James from the Echo
If you can stomach another pointless survey or two...

Billy Waters in good form this morning, speaks so well for a 21-year-old: http://bit.ly/BillyStevenage" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And also a bit of background on Stevenage - two sons of former England internationals in their ranks. And also a look back on one memorable game against Boro (although thankfully not an explosive one) http://bit.ly/StevenageLowdown" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I would happily pay to view the Echo content on-line or on paper. There is no reason why those in Gloucestershire should subsidise those of us unable to buy the paper.

Some on-line services such as Spotify have free subscriptions with adverts, and paid for ones without.

If the Echo owners offered that for their sites I would pay to subscribe. As it is I will get my CTFC news elsewhere.
plymrob
I want my handy links to the 'Echo'. Thank you for posting them.
It's maybe because I only follow a few websites and do not participate in other media.... But, for me. it's a good service for a fan living miles away. Good work.Cheers.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
plymrob wrote:I want my handy links to the 'Echo'. Thank you for posting them.
It's maybe because I only follow a few websites and do not participate in other media.... But, for me. it's a good service for a fan living miles away. Good work.Cheers.
Another reason to charge for content and ditch aggressive adverts.
andgarod
but how would you keep your post count up? :lol:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
andgarod wrote:but how would you keep your post count up? :lol:
By commenting and debating the content and CTFC news within the articles, rather than droning on about the Echo business model.

I still have no idea if there were any interesting comments or updates from GJ and/or players at the Press Conference. Again, because no one is actually talking about what happened at the press conference I can only assume it was not interesting.

The forum is for discussing CTFC, yet the Echo posts rarely lead to forum chat on the content. It turns the RNF into a one way news feed, rather than a two way conversation.

If anyone thinks anything of interest came out of the press conference today please share your thoughts!
Malabus
Very confident for a good win against Stevenage this evening.
andgarod
[quote="RegencyCheltenhamSpa"

By commenting and debating the content and CTFC news within the articles, rather than droning on about the Echo business model.

I still have no idea if there were any interesting comments or updates from GJ and/or players at the Press Conference. Again, because no one is actually talking about what happened at the press conference I can only assume it was not interesting.

The forum is for discussing CTFC, yet the Echo posts rarely lead to forum chat on the content. It turns the RNF into a one way news feed, rather than a two way conversation.

If anyone thinks anything of interest came out of the press conference today please share your thoughts![/quote]

So the echo show the press conference in full - theres a clue in the name PRESS
It happens in the morning. The OS usually put it up midafternoon they can post their link on here but dont seem to do that
Other than the echo do the BEEB or anyone else put the press conference up

How can you discuss what you dont know ie no echo link then where do you go for the news because the OS is spinning what they want
As to it not leading to debate, I would suggest other. Most people pickout of the 12 or 13 minutes an item or two and then post a new thread on a specific point
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
andgarod wrote:[quote="RegencyCheltenhamSpa"

If anyone thinks anything of interest came out of the press conference today please share your thoughts!
So the echo show the press conference in full - theres a clue in the name PRESS
It happens in the morning. The OS usually put it up midafternoon they can post their link on here but dont seem to do that
Other than the echo do the BEEB or anyone else put the press conference up

How can you discuss what you dont know ie no echo link then where do you go for the news because the OS is spinning what they want
As to it not leading to debate, I would suggest other. Most people pickout of the 12 or 13 minutes an item or two and then post a new thread on a specific point[/quote]

I must have missed those new threads amidst the mass of empty Echo posts.

I am not at all suggesting anyone post the whole press conference.

Here are some starters for ten for those who have watched/read:

What do you think Gary's mood was like? Did he seem confident and in control or showing signs of strain?

Did he give any hints on tactics or selection for tonight? If so what do you think of these?

Did he comment on our poor form, what caused it and how me might reverse it?
andgarod
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:

What do you think Gary's mood was like? Did he seem confident and in control or showing signs of strain?

Did he give any hints on tactics or selection for tonight? If so what do you think of these?

So you missed the comment amidst the number of Eco comments. Is that the 5 out of 6 that you talked about
You also seem to have commented on the threads that developed out of the press conf

But why not just post another comment or 10 to keep your post rate up
We all know ( or at least those who bother to read your tirades) re the Echo
Have you any comment to make about the OS postings then?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
andgarod wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:

So you missed the comment amidst the number of Eco comments. Is that the 5 out of 6 that you talked about
You also seem to have commented on the threads that developed out of the press conf

But why not just post another comment or 10 to keep your post rate up
We all know ( or at least those who bother to read your tirades) re the Echo
Have you any comment to make about the OS postings then?
The OS? I heard they were bringing back road maps back in April. You hear anything more recent?
andgarod
OS stand for Official Site as I am sure a learned person like yourself knows

I do however understand that the team coach has a road map of where he wants to go!!!!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
andgarod wrote:OS stand for Official Site as I am sure a learned person like yourself knows

I do however understand that the team coach has a road map of where he wants to go!!!!
To League One hopefully if Gary can get the response he wants from the players tonight!