Scoreboard project

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Ralph
Ben2 wrote:
longmover wrote:if we could turn some of the pledgers into attending fans that would be even better
Ok, Longmover, you've got me! As someone who NEVER bites I would like to say that your post is the most negative, puerile and utterly insane I think this board has ever seen.

And that is saying something.

Good news story? What good news story? Longmover will find the negative. He wishes one of the 552 (five hundred and fifty two) backers who have given their own hard-earned willingly for the club would come and swell our numbers. Because that would be a massive improvement on what we get normally. Obviously. Duh!

Are we having end of year awards on here? I nominate Longmover for "most miserable post 2016" and am willing to spend £30 on the crowd funding page (if Finners adds it to the list of rewards) if LM agrees to wear a sash with that on it to the Boxing Day game

and then this post took the award...
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Well trawled Ben! What size boat and net did you need for this catch??!
confused.com
First off great to see the total reached. However, not sure, given the profit the tv generates. Why we are crowdfunding towards the upkeep of the scoreboard. I assume all work and scoreboard is under warranty. So why do we need to set aside some for upkeep?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
confused.com wrote:First off great to see the total reached. However, not sure, given the profit the tv generates. Why we are crowdfunding towards the upkeep of the scoreboard. I assume all work and scoreboard is under warranty. So why do we need to set aside some for upkeep?
Cleaning it and electricity I guess. Only needs a few bird turds and turd free-kicks to leave it looking muddy and shabby. But yes, does seem excessive.
Shade
I would have thought most of the extra £9,500 would go on improving the PA system and equipment wanted for making/putting videos on the scoreboard.

Can't wait to see some old historic highlights on there before matches next season, YouTube clips pulled off Nesty's thread :D
confused.com
In block 2 row J today. Hope that scoreboard is being hung low, or else no chance
Malabus
confused.com wrote:So why do we need to set aside some for upkeep?
Extended warranty.
theidlerich
Needs to be positioned above the clock.....only place for it.
confused.com
Absolutely right about the clock end. I know it has been said that research was done, but there are going to large swathes of home support with no chance of seeing the scoreboard. However away fans and the few in the main stand will have a great view
Si Robin
I sat in a seat closest to the C&G today, in row F and I looked across to the corner thinking I wouldn't see much. I was actually surprised by how much of the corner I could see. No issues with putting a scoreboard there.
Shade
Well, as expected, I won't be seeing anything unless I move next season. Nothing but TV platform. But I'm not complaining. If you put it where the Yates clock is then anyone under the cover in the PRE won't be able to see it and the same for quite a few in the main stand.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
In2P the most expensive seats so should have best view of scoreboard.
Malabus
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:In2P the most expensive seats so should have best view of scoreboard.
Ffs
Ralph
what about those of us that have hospitality in the boxes in the old stand when we come back for games. We need to see it too. Those are the pricy seats
CS85
Excuse me my benefits went towards that big screen so I have every right to see it from my peasant terrace spot.
paperboy
Ralph wrote:what about those of us that have hospitality in the boxes in the old stand when we come back for games. We need to see it too. Those are the pricy seats
Wow-more expensive than a season ticket? :D
everyman
theidlerich wrote:Needs to be positioned above the clock.....only place for it.
The new stand will be built to the length of the pitch,so the scoreboard can`t go there ?
Malabus
everyman wrote:
theidlerich wrote:Needs to be positioned above the clock.....only place for it.
The new stand will be built to the length of the pitch,so the scoreboard can`t go there ?
Haaa the new stand we have been talking about since 1991. Not going to happen.
confused.com
Si Robin wrote:I sat in a seat closest to the C&G today, in row F and I looked across to the corner thinking I wouldn't see much. I was actually surprised by how much of the corner I could see. No issues with putting a scoreboard there.
Block 1 ? As I said, it will depend how low it is sited, you can see plenty pf the steel pipe, but remains to be seen how much of the scoreboard you will see. Especially as it will be angled. Would have been a good idea to leave the 'mock up' scoreboard in place so we can all see the impact. As it could play a part in where you purchase you ST
Reliant Robin
There will be a miniature railtrack put up around the perimeter of the pitch (allowing room for linesmen, corner kicks, substitutions, medical assistance and throw-ins) and a small train will pull the new screen around the track so everyone in the ground will get a superb view of the new screen. It will always face the pitch so the players get to see it too. The Flying Squad will no longer have to run around the pitch as they will be able to board the carriages being pulled by the train and wave their flags enthusiastically, and Whaddney will be the train driver. If a bad injury occurs on the opposite side of the pitch, the physio can also board the train and get to the injured player quickly, and the St John's Ambulance crew and stewards can also use it to get to fans requiring attention of one sort or another. The train could also be used as a new revenue stream for fans who wish to pay to watch the game circling the pitch, with hot drinks, a selection of delicious food and alcohol to be served from the buffet carriage. We will have the best pitch-side train service in the Football League. We just need another £55k to make all this happen.
confused.com
Reliant Robin wrote:There will be a miniature railtrack put up around the perimeter of the pitch (allowing room for linesmen, corner kicks, substitutions, medical assistance and throw-ins) and a small train will pull the new screen around the track so everyone in the ground will get a superb view of the new screen. It will always face the pitch so the players get to see it too. The Flying Squad will no longer have to run around the pitch as they will be able to board the carriages being pulled by the train and wave their flags enthusiastically, and Whaddney will be the train driver. If a bad injury occurs on the opposite side of the pitch, the physio can also board the train and get to the injured player quickly, and the St John's Ambulance crew and stewards can also use it to get to fans requiring attention of one sort or another. The train could also be used as a new revenue stream for fans who wish to pay to watch the game circling the pitch, with hot drinks, a selection of delicious food and alcohol to be served from the buffet carriage. We will have the best pitch-side train service in the Football League. We just need another £55k to make all this happen.
so much for serious discussion I presume
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
confused.com wrote:
Reliant Robin wrote:There will be a miniature railtrack put up around the perimeter of the pitch (allowing room for linesmen, corner kicks, substitutions, medical assistance and throw-ins) and a small train will pull the new screen around the track so everyone in the ground will get a superb view of the new screen. It will always face the pitch so the players get to see it too. The Flying Squad will no longer have to run around the pitch as they will be able to board the carriages being pulled by the train and wave their flags enthusiastically, and Whaddney will be the train driver. If a bad injury occurs on the opposite side of the pitch, the physio can also board the train and get to the injured player quickly, and the St John's Ambulance crew and stewards can also use it to get to fans requiring attention of one sort or another. The train could also be used as a new revenue stream for fans who wish to pay to watch the game circling the pitch, with hot drinks, a selection of delicious food and alcohol to be served from the buffet carriage. We will have the best pitch-side train service in the Football League. We just need another £55k to make all this happen.
I know right. No one could seriously expect a train in this country to be on time and not overcrowded every week.
Reliant Robin
confused.com wrote:
Reliant Robin wrote:There will be a miniature railtrack put up around the perimeter of the pitch ...
Lighten up confused.com, it was just a bit of creative prose and a bit of parody, illustrating the futility of trying to locate the ideal position for the new scoreboard that created the almost perfect view, without disadvantaging someone in the ground. Its final location & positional angle cannot possibly please everyone.
theidlerich
Wow - from the white elephant of HS2 to a potential one of SB2..... watch this space - well watch the bit between the In2P and the away stand anyway!
paperboy
Well the scoreboard demo last night didn't totally overwhelm me either.

My first thought was " good quality but hopefully ours will be bigger"

My second thought was "is it really costing 55K" with 20-25K feeling more realistic.
Johnsons Red Army
I thought it looked pretty good to be fair.

My only concern is that it won't be situated where it was located last night. Absolutely perfect spot for it in my opinion, even the terraced end would have seen it. The only side that would miss out is the main stand (which to be fair always has the most empty seats with the exception of the away end).
paperboy
Johnsons Red Army wrote:I thought it looked pretty good to be fair.

My only concern is that it won't be situated where it was located last night. Absolutely perfect spot for it in my opinion, even the terraced end would have seen it. The only side that would miss out is the main stand (which to be fair always has the most empty seats with the exception of the away end).
Quality-wise it was great and from the PRE it was perfect,but my concern is that it would need to be bigger to benefit everyone.
theidlerich
The flagship board was nearly in the right place during the game, needs to attached to that oversized lamppost well above Yates clock. Best and in fact the only sensible position.
Shade
paperboy wrote:Well the scoreboard demo last night didn't totally overwhelm me either.

My first thought was " good quality but hopefully ours will be bigger"

My second thought was "is it really costing 55K" with 20-25K feeling more realistic.
As stated, the board itself is £37k. The rest of the money is for installation and structural work on the area it is being installed.
Malabus
The scoreboard we will be getting is the model down which will be smaller.
Johnsons Red Army
More prizes being dangled with the 'promise' of a bigger scoreboard should we meet the target.

http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/scoreboard/updates/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
little mo
Bump. Just over 12 hours to go.
Shade
Not starting a new thread as it's not worth it, so bringing this back from the dead. I've seen Yeates Garages' fleet of vehicles are up for auction in a couple of days "due to closure". Wonder if the clock will disappear when the new scoreboard goes up if it's not advertising anything?
confused.com
Shade wrote:Not starting a new thread as it's not worth it, so bringing this back from the dead. I've seen Yeates Garages' fleet of vehicles are up for auction in a couple of days "due to closure". Wonder if the clock will disappear when the new scoreboard goes up if it's not advertising anything?
that would be a very sad end to an era !!!
byw what is happening to scoreboard, thought at least some work would have started by now
Johnsons Red Army
Scoreboard is being completed in the summer. Can't remember where I have read it.