Sutton United v Cheltenham Town

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Team news, live updates and video reaction all here this afternoon: http://bit.ly/SuttonFACup" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nesty
1-0 Wright
Shade
Dominant without really getting out of second gear, really. If we were as used to that surface as they are I think we'd be further ahead. Hopefully we have more gears to climb through if needed and we're not stuck in second. Cranston's silly yellow, clipping the guys hees midway inside their half, is a slight worry as they've been using the right wing more than anywhere else.
Shade
FFS
Shade
Shocking tackle on Dayton. Could have broken his leg.
Shade
Another poor ref, for both teams. Some really c!#p decisions.
Shade
We need some god damned full backs. They're all useless. The ones that played today anyway. Horrendous.
Nesty
FFS !! yet another last minute goal.
Jeff Lynne
Poor from start to finish, no real intent and no quality.
I-Love-CTFC
Gary Johnson will be signing that 2-year contract. Pathetic!
confused.com
Now now don't be so harsh!!! We were educated last week about how to shut up and put up
Shade
He first half was so easy. Unfortunately we never got out of second gear, as I feared. Wish I could say this was a surprise. Suliman and DOS at full back. Cranston such a liability he had to be taken off before being sent off. Ffs. None of them have got any positional sense at full back and DOS got worse and worse as the game went on. He should have really been sent off 20 mins before f#!$ up for the winner. No Barts again. Suliman was horrendous, he hit one pass that was so incredibly bad I couldn't help but laugh.

Bad defensive selection has cost us more than anything today. Downes and Barts should have been out there. Saying all that, Sutton should have had the left back sent off twice and we should have had at least 1 penalty.
Last edited by Shade on 03 Dec 2016, 17:08, edited 1 time in total.
Jeff Lynne
Can someone ask Gary if he can sign a player who can actually put in a decent cross ? It might help.
Benctfc
Worrying thing is Sutton deserved it we were not even unlucky. We are in serious s#!t and its time people at the club open their eyes and stop burying their heads in the sand.
Shade
I think it was Deacon that scored the winner as well, and he was one of the players lucky not to get a second yellow. Their left back should have had 3 yellows and a red.
I-Love-CTFC
Gary Johnson knows he's a man under pressure his outburst at James Young this week shows that. Today was absolutely pathetic. It was totally the wrong time to be talking about a new contract when we are in such poor form. James Young isn't the reason for low team morale the players are for putting in such poor performances.
Shade
Painful. Absolutely wrote the script for the media, they will be creaming themselves. Sutton comeback winner deep in injury time. Gonna lock myself away for a few days
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
'Astonishing scenes' headline and highlights make the BBC football homepage.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38196713" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Robin
On my way home some how list a game we were totally comfortable in. Sutton by far the worst team we played but that is no excuse should have won comfortably didn't take chances and caught by a sucker punch at the death.
everyman
Jeff Lynne wrote:Can someone ask Gary if he can sign a player who can actually put in a decent cross ? It might help.
I wonder if Frear would have been a good gamble at £10,000 at least he can cross a ball and has pace,two qualities we lack.
Coops
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:'Astonishing scenes' headline and highlights make the BBC football homepage.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38196713" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That was horrible to watch.....
cheltsaxon
O'shaunssey was awful as usual and cranston Barthram much better option! Drawing a game need to score so on comes Sulliman almost laughable. In last few mins free kick great chance to whip ball in nope not munns dayton takes a pathetic slim chance of scoring shot
I-Love-CTFC
O'Shaughnessy'a defending for their winner was terrible. How Easah Suliman is good enough to represent England U19's I'll never know he's so poor.
Beentheredonethat
agree about the defending for second goal (tho it wasn't that good for first either!) but O'Shock is million times better than Cranners who surely is a reincarnation of CBB. Totally clueless. Can't defend to save his life, can't head a ball, he is always beaten in the air, and his passing ability is non existent. He is booked nearly every game because he can't time a tackle.There was one occasion yesterday when Harry made a break into space on the left and Cranners could play round or over the Sutton guy in front of him to send Harry away. He gave it straight to the opponent. How frustrating must that be for Harry and how bad for the morale when the easiest of passes is messed up like that. Immediately after this Gary took him off and not before time. At least o'Shock has his long throw!
Robin
GJ is a superb manager but seriously what the hell was he thinking bringing Suliman on, the kid is nowhere near good enough. Cranston for me is struggling but has no competition, he showed at the start of the season that he can do it but right now his confidence is shot and needs to be taken out of the firing line.
Del Boy
Robin wrote:GJ is a superb manager but seriously what the hell was he thinking bringing Suliman on, the kid is nowhere near good enough. Cranston for me is struggling but has no competition, he showed at the start of the season that he can do it but right now his confidence is shot and needs to be taken out of the firing line.
Superb is not how I would describe his performance so far this season.
I-Love-CTFC
Del Boy wrote:
Robin wrote:GJ is a superb manager but seriously what the hell was he thinking bringing Suliman on, the kid is nowhere near good enough. Cranston for me is struggling but has no competition, he showed at the start of the season that he can do it but right now his confidence is shot and needs to be taken out of the firing line.
Agreed. Questionable team selections, questionable substitutions. Players being criticised publicly, biting back at the media for running a poll.
Del Boy
I-Love-CTFC wrote:
Del Boy wrote:
Agreed. Questionable team selections, questionable substitutions. Players being criticised publicly, biting back at the media for running a poll.
And the source of all our problems - failure to improve the squad in the summer. We have a worse team than we did 12 months ago and are in a higher division. That's the facts.
Si Robin
12 months ago the only two other players we had were George McLennan and Dillon Phillips. Are you suggesting that those two players alone would have us higher in the division and through to the third round of the cup?
Malabus
Where did the officials get the six minutes from...ridiculous!
I-Love-CTFC
Dickie and Griffiths are the only ones who have contributed positively. The other loan signings Whitehead, Suliman, Arthur and Smith have been extremely poor. James Jennings was a disastrous signing and a downgrade on McLennan. O'Shaughnessy made a promising start but has faded badly. We saw 5 minutes of Alex Cooper before he went off injured. Cranston has looked as bad as CBB in recent games.
I-Love-CTFC
Si Robin wrote:12 months ago the only two other players we had were George McLennan and Dillon Phillips. Are you suggesting that those two players alone would have us higher in the division and through to the third round of the cup?
We might have stood a better chance if they'd been playing instead of Griffiths and Cranston.
everyman
I-Love-CTFC wrote:
Del Boy wrote:
Is that why the players don`t trust/believe him anymore,someone has got to gain the teams respect.
Del Boy
Si Robin wrote:12 months ago the only two other players we had were George McLennan and Dillon Phillips. Are you suggesting that those two players alone would have us higher in the division and through to the third round of the cup?
The players a year older and plenty are playing below the standard of last year - that means the team is weaker. Just because they are the same players doesn't mean they are as good. If you don't try to improve the squad in the summer you go backwards.
Beentheredonethat
The "year older" bit is important in two ways. It is good for some who have improved through the experience gained; it is bad for others who are now too old for the standard of football in League Sadly there are a few more in the second category plus the fact that some of last years squad were at their maximum level. One or two, of course were not good last season let alone this!