SCORES ON THE DOORS

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Beentheredonethat
What about some ratings for today? Perhaps with three scores; first half second half and overall?

Griff 7;8;7.5 One good save but kicking bit wayward, especially when we wanted it in their box at the end!

Rob 7;6;6.5 Didn't do a lot wrong but didn't get forward too much. Wasn't it his man Tubbs who got their first?

Pars 7;4; 5.5 Won all headers in first half but lost a few in second especially for their first.

O'Shock as Pars and his man got the winner

CBB was that who it was? 1;1;1 Awful. As last week! How does he get in the side ahead of Barts?

Harry and Kyle 8;6;7 Controlled first half but not second. Need help in the midfield 2 can't run it.

Dayts. 7;4;5.5 Wins endless free kicks and waste most of them. Poor passing record today

Billy and Jack 5;4;4.5 Didn't contribute very much> One good chance missed in second half but too weak and ineffective

Wrighty 8;7; 7.5 Ran his socks off. Scored (he will if he gets a few crosses. Our MOM

Subs Sulli...out of his depth and Smith not on long enough but looked lively

So disappointing!

Where do we go from here? 5 games till transfer window. Put out the side that played at Crewe. Yes I know most of them were playing today, but at least they have that win under their belts.
Otherwise.........women and children first!!!!!
Alf
We need to be sharper in the box. The chances are there but not being finished. Lethargic defending for their second. It was almost like we'd decided that we'd settled for a draw and we're waiting for the ref to blow his whistle. No real attempt to block the shot. Can't work out whether we've lost our confidence or that we think we can win games by not putting in a full shift.
Shade
I have to say, Wright's finish was very good. As you say, if he gets a few crosses he'll score.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Alf wrote:We need to be sharper in the box. The chances are there but not being finished. Lethargic defending for their second. It was almost like we'd decided that we'd settled for a draw and we're waiting for the ref to blow his whistle. No real attempt to block the shot. Can't work out whether we've lost our confidence or that we think we can win games by not putting in a full shift.
Similar to West Ham and Leicester: the intensity has gone. Like Leicester, tough to expect the same intensity and momentum the season after such a triumph.
Reliant Robin
Shade wrote:I have to say, Wright's finish was very good. As you say, if he gets a few crosses he'll score.
Give old fashioned style centre forwards the type of service they thrive on, and they will bang them in.

Probably one of the most under-rated players we've had at Whaddon Road (apart from the year he got Player of the Season) was Byron Harrison; he suffered from poor service during his time at Cheltenham. Anyone wishing to see Byron's brace for Barrow away to Bristol Rovers in the FA Cup:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38120940

He's now scoring for fun and putting Barrow in contention for promotion.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Reliant Robin wrote:
Shade wrote:I have to say, Wright's finish was very good. As you say, if he gets a few crosses he'll score.
Give old fashioned style centre forwards the type of service they thrive on, and they will bang them in.

Probably one of the most under-rated players we've had at Whaddon Road (apart from the year he got Player of the Season) was Byron Harrison; he suffered from poor service during his time at Cheltenham. Anyone wishing to see Byron's brace for Barrow away to Bristol Rovers in the FA Cup:

Indeed, one of those players branded lazy just because the ball rarely went to them in a sensible place on body or pitch, and labelled as a bit stupid and haphazard the same as Spencer, Smilke, McGlashan etc, for what appears to be, and I risk the forum's ire, due to a demographic trait they share.
hand_shandy
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: Indeed, one of those players branded lazy just because the ball rarely went to them in a sensible place on body or pitch, and labelled as a bit stupid and haphazard the same as Spencer, Smilke, McGlashan etc, for what appears to be, and I risk the forum's ire, due to a demographic trait they share.
Not to mention Jason White.
asl
I was thinking more Steve Guinan... White had a reasonable run in the team and failed to impress. Guinan always looked the part but got no service.
Shade
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Reliant Robin wrote:

Indeed, one of those players branded lazy just because the ball rarely went to them in a sensible place on body or pitch, and labelled as a bit stupid and haphazard the same as Spencer, Smilke, McGlashan etc, for what appears to be, and I risk the forum's ire, due to a demographic trait they share.
Hey, you'll be saying Big Ron is their hero next. Slippery slope.

Odejayi got it as well...
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Kay did get it indeed