Bottom

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Si Robin
That's where we'll be if Newport don't lose to Stevenage tonight.

There's a happy thought for a Tuesday :roll:
Nesty
league tables dont lie
Beentheredonethat
Glad to see the season of good cheer is alive and well amongst us all. Been putting up my Christmas lights this morning; think I'll take them down again.
Or Si could have written..."We will be still off the bottom if Stevenage win"...or he could have written..."Even if we are bottom tonight there is still over half a season to go so there is no need to panic!" or he could have written....."A couple of wins and it will all look different!" or he could have written...."Another good run, now or in the New Year and we will be flying!"
But no, it's the Robins Nest and some love nothing more than a bit of gloom and doom....They must have hated last season!
Si Robin
First time I've been accused of being a doom-monger.

Beats being called a rose-tinter I suppose.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I couldn't give two hoots if we are bottom tonight or not. We will be above the bottom two in May, and that is all that matters.

COYR
Beentheredonethat
Spot on RCS! My point exactly, though you put it more clearly! It's just that I cannot see anything positive in constantly telling everyone how bad things are! We can all see the table. Those who have seen the last 2/3 games have seen the dip. It's hardly being rose tinted to ask for some to hold back on the constant negativity seen on the Nest
Nesty
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:I couldn't give two hoots if we are bottom tonight or not. We will be above the bottom two in May, and that is all that matters.

COYR

I really hope you are right, we have had some "easy" looking games lately and dipped
Shade
It's almost like the Cheltenham of 8-12 years ago, play well against the better teams and c!#p against the c!#p.
FOD_Wyman_2010
There needs to be a balance. Blind positivity is as bad as constant negativity as it deceives you into believing everything will be OK regardless of what happens. If you see something is wrong, you should be realistic about it and try to correct it at the nearest available opportunity.

The situation is clearly concerning as we know how important league status is to the club. We are unlikely to do a Bristol Rovers and know that our size will carry us to promotion eventually. We could easily sink to that level for years with part-time football in a worse case scenario. Last year was a bit of a miracle and I don't see it repeated if we go down.

On the flip side, GJ is a very capable manager in league two and has January to make his changes. He also has his integrity in tact as he did give the players a chance like he said he would. We need to try and take as many points as we can before then and challenge the players to earn their spot post January. Saturday is a very good opportunity to start that and we must go into each game in a positive mindset.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
9 home points in December and we will all feel better.
Reliant Robin

I miss Rik Mayall
Horteng
Beentheredonethat wrote:Glad to see the season of good cheer is alive and well amongst us all. Been putting up my Christmas lights this morning; think I'll take them down again.
Or Si could have written..."We will be still off the bottom if Stevenage win"...or he could have written..."Even if we are bottom tonight there is still over half a season to go so there is no need to panic!" or he could have written....."A couple of wins and it will all look different!" or he could have written...."Another good run, now or in the New Year and we will be flying!"
But no, it's the Robins Nest and some love nothing more than a bit of gloom and doom....They must have hated last season!
Its called being a realist.

Fed up of hearing nonsense week in/ week out from GJ and the players about how good they really are..... About time they started to let their football do the talking!
Horteng
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:I couldn't give two hoots if we are bottom tonight or not. We will be above the bottom two in May, and that is all that matters.

COYR
Can I share what ever you are smoking????
Si Robin
For balance - I retweeted this today:

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Horteng wrote:

COYR
Fresh air.

If we are third bottom, or higher, in May, will you still be upset we were in the bottom two in early December?

Season is 46 games long. No point worrying at this stage.
Horteng
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Horteng wrote:

COYR
Fresh air.

If we are third bottom, or higher, in May, will you still be upset we were in the bottom two in early December?

Season is 46 games long. No point worrying at this stage.
No not at all but we aren't showing any fight which is concerning
Si Robin
Stevenage 2-0 up on 39 mins.
London Exile
Quick look tonight and coral had us 20/1 for a top 7 finish.
Whilst those 9 points and current performances make it seem like 90 points difference, a few new additions in January and things can change.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Finished 2-0. Relegation and part-time oblivion postponed for another week. The moaners will have to wait a bit longer before gloating.
London Exile
The Exeter game is a big game this weekend and we've also got Orient playing Stanley, Newport host Morecambe, Notts County v Wycombe and Hartlepool v Cambridge.

Will still be quite packed around the bottom of the table with us hopefully on 21 points come 5pm
Nesty
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Finished 2-0. Relegation and part-time oblivion postponed for another week. The moaners will have to wait a bit longer before gloating.

by "moaners" I assume you mean people who are justifiably concerned about our current position in the league, and our poor run of results ?
FOD_Wyman_2010
What worries me is that we are at our lowest point of confidence during what should be one of our best periods for picking up points. Your Exeter's, Cambridge's and Colchester's seem solid opportunities. We can't rely on the likes of Portsmouth away at the end of the season to get the points knowing the quality some of these teams have who will be in the promotion picture.
Del Boy
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Finished 2-0. Relegation and part-time oblivion postponed for another week. The moaners will have to wait a bit longer before gloating.
Can someone let me know when we're allowed to be worried. TIA
Malabus
https://m.youtube.com/?hl=en-GB&gl=GB#/ ... HEl8sYKN2Y" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Robins Relic
You should be more worried right now than if you are on a diet of curry andl bran and have not had a bowel movement for over a week.
The Old TomCat
Slightly off subject but today I stood in the South Stand at TNL for the FGR v Truro FA Trophy game.
I usually sit in stands.
Throughout the game other scores were shouted out and obviously Cheltenham's was included.
I was very impressed that all around me were die hard FGR supporters who wished Cheltenham well, hoping that they don't get relegated. (Genuine)
I know most FGR supporters wish your team well and look forward to an El Glosico match next season in football league.
Good luck.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The Old TomCat wrote:Slightly off subject but today I stood in the South Stand at TNL for the FGR v Truro FA Trophy game.
I usually sit in stands.
Throughout the game other scores were shouted out and obviously Cheltenham's was included.
I was very impressed that all around me were die hard FGR supporters who wished Cheltenham well, hoping that they don't get relegated. (Genuine)
I know most FGR supporters wish your team well and look forward to an El Glosico match next season in football league.
Good luck.
Thanks for the nice sentiment and best wishes. However, it is deluded. The most likely Glosico next season if one is to happen is Gloucester vs FGR in the Conference, though I personally can't see Gloucester winning promotion from the North feeder.
The Old TomCat
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
The Old TomCat wrote:Slightly off subject but today I stood in the South Stand at TNL for the FGR v Truro FA Trophy game.
I usually sit in stands.
Good luck.
Thanks for the nice sentiment and best wishes. However, it is deluded. The most likely Glosico next season if one is to happen is Gloucester vs FGR in the Conference, though I personally can't see Gloucester winning promotion from the North feeder.
As at this weekend FGR are in promotion zone while CTFC are in automatic relegation spot. Gloucester are 11th in NL(N) 8 pts adrift of promotion zone.
Yes I could be deluded in thinking that there might be an El Glosico match next season. [Think about it!!!]
I-Love-CTFC
He's not being deluded RCS he's being realistic.
London Exile
Cheers OTC for the support.
If there is to be a Gloucestershire Derby, I hope it's in L2 and not back in the VNL