Pell

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Nesty
apologies if this has already been posted

http://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/le ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

it would be a shame but money talks, however I cannot see it would be mega money, he is presumably a free agent at the end of the season and could go for nothing
paperboy
..One imagines that he and Billy have been offered contract extensions by now.

Guess they'd prefer to run their contracts down knowing they'll get offers in the summer, although BW is still under 24.
Del Boy
Six-figure sum - for a guy who could leave for nothing in the summer - cuckoo cuckoo
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Either he keeps us up then leaves, or goes this month for six figures. Win wn.
Shade
Or he keeps us up, signs a new contract and is part of our promotion push next season. Does he still owe GJ for the new carpet/rug he destroyed :P

I don't like talking about players personal lives but as the article says, he and his young family seem to like/be settled in Bishops Cleeve, and he won't find a better manager at this level than the one he has that rates him highly and can potentially take him into League 1.
longmover
I'd avoid pompus like the plauge.
Robin
Agree, I can see why Pompey would appeal but if he stays here we can be optimistic about a promotion challenge next season.
art vandalay
We'd need our heads tested to let a good player go this late in the transfer window. And I'm sure Pell will be aware that he didn't exactly make a big impact at his previous 2 clubs.
Reliant Robin
We are building a new team around Harry Pell, as Club captain, I'm sure Pelle feels that is happening and will relish, and thrive on, the opportunity. If he were to leave for another club, he would have to rebuild his credentials starting from the bottom, whereas he's deservedly the main man here at CTFC. That counts for a lot, especially as he is settled in the area.

The signs are already there that we are building a very decent side, a side that can play football and compete well against League 1 as well as League 2 sides. We need Harry Pell to lead this rebuild. We would be crazy to let him go.
Robin
Exactly good to see the club being realistic he goes nowhere unless we get a six figure bid but equally I hope there is a new deal on the table for him and Waters soon.
confused.com
If true it will be a good gauge of the clubs intentions. However a six figure sum is a pipedream imo
Robin
But surely that's the point we don't need to sell, so unless someone pays us a decent fee he goes nowhere.
confused.com
If we don't need to sell then we won't. I don't believe we would be getting a 'head turning' offer. If club are serious about building they will agree a new contract.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Pell must be given assurances the groundshare/pitch farce is going to resolved. I can't imagine he will sign a new contract if not.