Barts

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

chris25
Suprise suprise, bartram starts and we get our first win and cleensheet in god knows how long, will Johnson wake up and put his vendetta aside now or is love child Cranston back in the starting eleven after his suspension.
ctfc-fan
So Bartram was the only reason we won then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
confused.com
Also helped having a left back
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Hopefully Barts keeps his fitness stats high during the week to ensure he plays next week.
chris25
ctfc-fan wrote:So Bartram was the only reason we won then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not at all but it helped not having Cranston there insted
Hubert Parry
This place is so boring sometimes. :roll:
Robin
Barts was one of our best players today in my opinion.
Shade
It helped having a left back that knows how to defend. Barts did also defend well, got his body in good positions to stop players getting past him and won important tackles. Storer coming on played very well as well. Saw or heard a stat about him starting in 4 of our 6 previous wins this season. He's now played 45 mins or more in 5 of our 7... Still don't think Rowe did enough but I would keep the same side that finished to start at Orient if possible.
London Exile
Looking across our back 3 today there was some great height there and aerial presence who performed well.
Although Billy was my motm, Boyle ran him close putting in some great challenges. Not afraid to put his head in where it hurts either #steel
CTFC03
Thought Barthram, Manny and Waters were the pick of the bunch but a really good performance on a difficult pitch, thought less mistakes were being made at the back too apart from Scott Browns wobble just before HT but well done Lads brilliant.
Robin
Midfield as a whole was poor first half but very good second half when we were entirely dominant.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:It helped having a left back that knows how to defend. Barts did also defend well, got his body in good positions to stop players getting past him and won important tackles. Storer coming on played very well as well. Saw or heard a stat about him starting in 4 of our 6 previous wins this season. He's now played 45 mins or more in 5 of our 7... Still don't think Rowe did enough but I would keep the same side that finished to start at Orient if possible.
Great ball from Rowe for the first goal.
London Exile
Robin wrote:Midfield as a whole was poor first half but very good second half when we were entirely dominant.
Pell, Winchester and Rowe isn't my ideal central 3 especially on a ploughed field like we have to contend with.
On a good surface their passing and creativity would be great to watch but as things stand, someone like Storer (or Hall) to come in, protect the back line and do the simple things is more effective IMO
Shade
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Shade wrote:It helped having a left back that knows how to defend. Barts did also defend well, got his body in good positions to stop players getting past him and won important tackles. Storer coming on played very well as well. Saw or heard a stat about him starting in 4 of our 6 previous wins this season. He's now played 45 mins or more in 5 of our 7... Still don't think Rowe did enough but I would keep the same side that finished to start at Orient if possible.
All he did though? Munns would have made more of all of the dead balls, I think personally. Just my opinion.
art vandalay
I thought Storer played well. Probably his type of game.
Robin
Yeah Stoz did well when he came on should start next home game based on that performance, I'd prefer Winchester at Orient though.
Shade
Robin wrote:Yeah Stoz did well when he came on should start next home game based on that performance, I'd prefer Winchester at Orient though.
Dunno if Winchester will be fit. Throwing up after a bang on the head is surely concussion and that's about a 10 day lay-off, isn't it?
I-Love-CTFC
We have to start with the team that finished today's game. We looked a lot more balanced second half. Stoz didn't put a foot wrong. Impressed by Manny and Boyle today.
Shade
Stoz was very calm and composed, knew when to smack it when to hold on to it, nice couple of bits of skill.
baggy89
I reckon Storer and as a result CTFC suffered for his stupidity end of last season. We were (what?) 8 games in before he played. Starting 11's all over the place. He's not had a sustained run was eager to impress and as such, being off the pace, got himself sent off etc. More starting 11's all over the place, Storer further off the pace.
little mo
chris25 wrote:Suprise suprise, bartram starts and we get our first win and cleensheet in god knows how long, will Johnson wake up and put his vendetta aside now or is love child Cranston back in the starting eleven after his suspension.
You are entitled to your opinion, but what a s#!t way of expressing it. :roll:
Si Robin
I'm more confused by the fact he thinks Barts is taking Cranston's place. They play on different sides of the pitch.
chris25
Si Robin wrote:I'm more confused by the fact he thinks Barts is taking Cranston's place. They play on different sides of the pitch.
Johnson seems to play one or the other, if you haven't noticed that, barts is by far the better, results don't lie!
Malabus
CTFC03 wrote:Thought Barthram, Manny and Waters were the pick of the bunch but a really good performance on a difficult pitch, thought less mistakes were being made at the back too apart from Scott Browns wobble just before HT but well done Lads brilliant.
Agree with that statement.
Manny is getting better and his confidence is growing, superb today.
Waters work rate is incredible and has improved as a player in a Cheltenham shirt.
Barts is that old fashioned full back and does the job. Should start more games.
Si Robin
chris25 wrote:
Si Robin wrote:I'm more confused by the fact he thinks Barts is taking Cranston's place. They play on different sides of the pitch.
Johnson seems to play one or the other, if you haven't noticed that, barts is by far the better, results don't lie!
Ummm, no he doesn't. Barts plays on the right and Cranston the left. Barts has played on the left once all season. It is not a toss up between the two, they have both played numerous times this season.

Johnson may play other people ahead of Jack, but Cranston definitely isn't one of them.
mozzo
It does seem a bit strange that Barts doesn't play more often. He is not the quickest full back but his awareness of space going forward and positioning in defence is first class. I hope GJ picks him and Davies as his first choice full backs for the remainder of the season.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:
All he did though? Munns would have made more of all of the dead balls, I think personally. Just my opinion.
See GJ's post match interview. Said a quality ball has been overdue but nearly all the players would choose Rowe to deliver set pieces if they had a choice.
confused.com
mozzo wrote:It does seem a bit strange that Barts doesn't play more often. He is not the quickest full back but his awareness of space going forward and positioning in defence is first class. I hope GJ picks him and Davies as his first choice full backs for the remainder of the season.
was just thinking of that yesterdays re GJ interview about players getting into good positions. barts continues to find space, even if the ball very seldom gets to him when he is in irt
Shade
Shade wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: Great ball from Rowe for the first goal.
See GJ's post match interview. Said a quality ball has been overdue but nearly all the players would choose Rowe to deliver set pieces if they had a choice.
Yeah I heard that (and pointing out that Rowe was overdue a good ball is almost making my point for me), but if Munns was on the pitch I would guarantee they would rather have him taking them.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
So you accusing Gary of lying in the interview? Or the players lying to Gary?
Shade
Behave. I'm saying that he was saying that of the players on the pitch they would want Rowe taking them.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I thought he said squad, not pitch.
Shade
He didn't say either, leaving it open for interpretation. My interpretation is that he meant Rowe would be the player that was playing in the game that they would want to take them. But we all know that Munns is a better deliverer of a set-piece and cross.

You must be having a boring day today if you're picking the bones out of this one...
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Just providing balance: Rowey always had a lot of unfair stick imo so just fighting his case.
horlickfanclub
He wastes a lot. I thought we watched DVD's?