limping over the line

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Robin
Poor day today but almost sure of safety. Listening to the radio it sounded as though the whole team were poor but Cranston and Rowe were coming in for more criticism than most, time to release both of them if we are to improve.
confused.com
yep, pretty pointless being only able to look half decent against poor teams
London Exile
Hopefully we get over that line next week and then the rebuilding can start.
CTFCfan99
A 3-0 loss looks poor on the face of it but with Hartlepool losing as well, we're in a better position than at the start of the day so I'm sort of happy in a weird way.
Robin
Yeah that was sort of my point, with Hartlepool losing we only need a draw next week to stay up. Time for several more players to leave us and much better to come in, hopefully GJ is back next week too.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:Poor day today but almost sure of safety. Listening to the radio it sounded as though the whole team were poor but Cranston and Rowe were coming in for more criticism than most, time to release both of them if we are to improve.
Rowe and Cranston could in world class performances and the R Glos mob would still criticise them more than others.
confused.com
RCS, take your blinkers off, that doesn't mean they were not poor. Almost afraid to criticise cranston now!
Reliant Robin
confused.com wrote:RCS, take your blinkers off, that doesn't mean they were not poor. Almost afraid to criticise cranston now!
F inding consistency when team mates are also
U nder performing will
C reate a lack of self-belief and it doesn't help
K nowing fans are getting on your back either, but
W hen the dust has settled on this season it will be
I nteresting to see who is offered early contracts and
T hen it will become clearer who is leaving
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
confused.com wrote:RCS, take your blinkers off, that doesn't mean they were not poor. Almost afraid to criticise cranston now!
They may have been awful. I was only commenting on the pitfalls of relying purely on R Glos to form a view on the performance of players. I have no idea how well JC and JR played today and that was not an issue I was remarking on.
confused.com
RR, for someone of self proclaimed alleged intelligence you really are an @rse. Tell me you didn't sit there and watch that and wonder how is that our best LB? When the dust has settled the autopsy will be carried out by the same team of surgeons that operated on the patient in the first place. Let's just hope we are not performing it in the Royal NFL hospital. Oh and I forgot that the precious little things hang on every word that is written on here. Maybe that's why they think they are good, they read your posts. My non FA badge been doing this man and boy opinion, is that the 5 or 6 Robin talks about is not enough. Your hero should have used the scalpel a year ago and that's not hindsight. If GJ is your self proclaimed messiah, he would have known they were not good enough for L2. But maybe he hasn't as many FA badges as you. Good luck with the U10 league next year
confused.com
Or maybe RR you are once again basing your appraisal on an article in the Echo written by some Random? Like your glowing praise of our one match keeper who you said had shown enough to prove he is no longer an understudy, based on about a 10 word comment in the Echo. Now get back to playing with upper and lower case you pompus, I have FA badges, @ss
Oldun
Or possibly the worst! Certainly the most embarrassing.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Why confused still gets bitter about last summer. It doesn't matter whether GJ thought the players were good enough or not. He made a pledge to them and fulfilled it.

This season won't be remembered for finishing fourth or fifth bottom. It will be remembered as the one where our Champions came back to the football league and many made their debuts

I as a Cheltenham fan enjoyed seeing this. Storer, football league captain. Wright, football league goal scorer. Waters, football league revelation.

In November we saw the Champions were struggling. A sticking plaster applied in January, after which safety has always looked assured.

Write off the season. Say thanks to our Champions. Rebuild in the summer and compete in the top half next season.

No need for hysteria, autopsy, or hyperbole. We all know what has happened and whar Gary will aim to do in the summer.
Reliant Robin
confused.com wrote:Or maybe RR you are once again basing your appraisal on an article in the Echo written by some Random? Like your glowing praise of our one match keeper who you said had shown enough to prove he is no longer an understudy, based on about a 10 word comment in the Echo. Now get back to playing with upper and lower case you pompus, I have FA badges, @ss
B ut confused.com
E ither you have misread my post
L ike you misunderstand most things on here, but
L oath me or love me, there's always an
E ndearing hidden message for you
N ow all you need
D o is look for it 8-)
Ralph
Time for you RR to give it a rest. Same goes for Confused. If you want to insult each other, do it in PM's so we don't have to read it
The Old TomCat
Ralph wrote:Time for you RR to give it a rest. Same goes for Confused. If you want to insult each other, do it in PM's so we don't have to read it
My goodness Ralphed, you are probably the last in line to offer such advice on subject.
Please take your own advice with your own posts, especially towards me.
However, in one way I agree with you but on another it makes good reading.
Ralph
The Old TomCat wrote:
Ralph wrote:Time for you RR to give it a rest. Same goes for Confused. If you want to insult each other, do it in PM's so we don't have to read it
My goodness Ralphed, you are probably the last in line to offer such advice on subject.
Which one of you OTC?
horlickfanclub
Regency states the "Champions were struggling" in November. Also struggling were the poor players brought in to replace those who had gone. We have improved since new players were brought in to supplement the Champions.The summer additions were poor and this cost us as well as square pegs in round holes.The loyalty to the players argument is a lightweight excuse
Thank goodness we have changed tactics in time.
The Old TomCat
Ralph wrote:
The Old TomCat wrote:
Which one of you OTC?
I am The Old TomCat, a proud football supporter of all our local clubs.
But I do know that I'm not a 'Confused Robin'.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
horlickfanclub wrote:Regency states the "Champions were struggling" in November. Also struggling were the poor players brought in to replace those who had gone. We have improved since new players were brought in to supplement the Champions.The summer additions were poor and this cost us as well as square pegs in round holes.The loyalty to the players argument is a lightweight excuse
Thank goodness we have changed tactics in time.
The summer signings were squad fillers. The Champions squad was given the chance to be the L2 squad, with summer signings just to make up the numbers.

As you said, once evident the Champions were not good enough the squad was changed at the earliest possible moment.

Not a hard concept to grasp, and one we all bought in to at the start of the Conference campaign. The two year job was get up and stay up. Now that has been done, the summer rebuilding will be preparing for the next job: get up to L1 and stay up.
Ralph
The Old TomCat wrote:
Ralph wrote:
The Old TomCat wrote:
Which one of you OTC?
I am The Old TomCat, a proud football supporter of all our local clubs.
But I do know that I'm not a 'Confused Robin'.
You seem confused OTC. What about the other name you have here? Don't be fibbing again
Reliant Robin
There's at least 10 of me ;)

Without the other 9 of me this Forum would be dead :twisted:
longmover
Close this thread down please
little mo
longmover wrote:Close this thread down please
Correct. Hijacked again by the same little girls,some of you need to fecking grow up. :evil: :evil:
Reliant Robin
little mo wrote:
longmover wrote:Close this thread down please
Correct. Hijacked again by the same little girls,some of you need to fecking grow up. :evil: :evil:
Are such overtly sexist comments allowed on this Forum? MoDs can you advise or intervene please?