I hope there is no monkey business next Saturday

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Nesty
we cannot assume all we have to do is turn up. Hartlepool , like us, will be fighting for their lives
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The FA/FL concern me more than Hartlepool's dejected basket cases.

With Hartlepool getting very public backing and support on Sky Sports it is almost certain the referee will be instructed to gently encourage an away win.

CTFC fans need to be on the referee's case from minute one. The man in black will be Pools' 12th man. The home crowd must be ours to counter.
longmover
Jeff Stelling is doing my head in now, what was a (planned??) impassioned call to arms has now been hijacked (?) by sky as some PR stunt.
andgarod
why what they do
Reliant Robin
I think we need to be very careful about winding up the Ref especially in the early stages of the game.

Let's at least give the bloke a chance, it's a major assumption that he's going to be pro-Hartlepool.

If we make a premature enemy of the Ref, we could be down to 10 men in no time at all, and it really would be 10 v 12 then.

I would make the plea to our fans to sing, chant, cheer and raise the atmosphere to inspire our own Players to get some attacking momentum going from the Off.
arobinsfan
Reliant Robin wrote:I think we need to be very careful about winding up the Ref especially in the early stages of the game.

Let's at least give the bloke a chance, it's a major assumption that he's going to be pro-Hartlepool.

If we make a premature enemy of the Ref, we could be down to 10 men in no time at all, and it really would be 10 v 12 then.

I would make the plea to our fans to sing, chant, cheer and raise the atmosphere to inspire our own Players to get some attacking momentum going from the Off.
Agree 100%
okusman
"With Hartlepool getting very public backing and support on Sky Sports it is almost certain the referee will be instructed to gently encourage an away win."

Good grief. Stop.
Step away from the world of conspiracy. "Refere instructed...to encourage an away win." So a phone call is made by the 'powers that be' to the ref saying deliberately swing a match because:
A) Hartlepool are a football pundits favourite team
B) FA/FL want Cheltenham to fail

It's fantasy of the silliest kind. If we are good enough we'll be fine next Saturday.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
okusman wrote:"With Hartlepool getting very public backing and support on Sky Sports it is almost certain the referee will be instructed to gently encourage an away win."

Good grief. Stop.
Step away from the world of conspiracy. "Refere instructed...to encourage an away win." So a phone call is made by the 'powers that be' to the ref saying deliberately swing a match because:

It's fantasy of the silliest kind. If we are good enough we'll be fine next Saturday.
I'll wait to see your thoughts after the game, and see what excuse you come up with to defend the ref.
longmover
okusman wrote:"With Hartlepool getting very public backing and support on Sky Sports it is almost certain the referee will be instructed to gently encourage an away win."

Good grief. Stop.

I used to think the conspiracy stories were ridiculous but the amount of decisions bigger established clubs / media darlings get does nothing to quash those stories and to say that the FA/FL dont have their favourites would be very naive.
Artemis
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:

Good grief. Stop.

I'll wait to see your thoughts after the game, and see what excuse you come up with to defend the ref.
Incompetency.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Artemis wrote:

Good grief. Stop.

Incompetency.
It takes a special kind of incompetency to consistently favour some clubs over others.
Artemis
Artemis wrote:
Incompetency.
It takes a special kind of incompetency to consistently favour some clubs over others.
And your evidence? Are you accusing match officials of anything other than impartiality? If so, and you have evidence, I suggest you take it to the City of London Police's Economic Crime Directorate. Otherwise, just shut up.
Last edited by Artemis on 23 Apr 2017, 18:21, edited 2 times in total.
asl
I agree. It's tiresome nonsense.
andgarod
asl wrote:I agree. It's tiresome nonsense.
But how would he keep his post count up and it does keep the nest alive
okusman
There is a difference between referees making a conscious decision to favour one team over another and them making some decisions in a game that one set of fans see as wrong. I'm sure every football forum board has a moan about refs getting it wrong from their perspective. It's never gonna be right for someone.
Refs will make mistakes, but it's just wrong to say they aren't as impartial as is reasonably possible.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
longmover wrote:

Good grief. Stop.

I used to think the conspiracy stories were ridiculous but the amount of decisions bigger established clubs / media darlings get does nothing to quash those stories and to say that the FA/FL dont have their favourites would be very naive.
Completely agree. Some very naive comments on this thread.

I am fully expecting at least a CTFC red card OR Hartlepool penalty on Saturday.
andgarod
If you are so certain I am sure that the bookies or the police will be happy to take the details from you
I remember one world cup there was an octopus that did something similar as you

Why dont you just get a bet on and then you can comeback and show us how much you won
London Exile
Interesting that Hartlepool have sacked Dave Jones tonight. Matthew Bates and Billy Paynter in charge at the LCI Rail stadium next week. Let's hope they don't get the new manager bounce!
andgarod
so who do we sack
keep the faith
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
andgarod wrote:so who do we sack
keep the faith
If we lose, messrs Johnson and Milton.
andgarod
No need to sack anyone

Firstly GJs contract still to be signed
Who wants the job and are they better excluding yourself RCS

Dont you trust GJ to go bouncing back up again we perhaps are a yoyo club
mozzo
The monkey hangers are coming as mime artists so will produce no noise and the Hartlepool team are shite so we will smash them despite the usual dodgy officiating. Roll on Saturday so we can draw a line under this disastrous season.