Forest Green fans

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

King giraffe iii
Ralph wrote:
King giraffe iii wrote:
Circa 1887 wrote:Stale Mince defeated. With this done and dusted, perhaps he'll have time for a haircut and a bloody good wash.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/mark ... rival.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm reliably informed he smells good. Each to their own.
OTC tell you that after he'd finished licking DV's boots and face?
Lol!

I'm a bit confused that OTC should be attempting to dissuade people from attending the football club he professes to support (although we all know he has no true allegiance). Good that NewForestRover had the sense to ignore his clueless witterings. Puts them up in my estimation.

OTC, the ground was nearly full? The North Stand was near enough entirely empty. If you're going to try and pull a fast one like that at least do it for a match where the highlights aren't available online.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The Old TomCat wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Nice try.
Yes, actually you are correct. My apologies.
However the young person was travelling from London for game and I didn't want a wasted trip for her.
But with 2909 fans in TNL it was pretty full.
The away fans had sold all their allocated number of tickets. Poor so-and-so's got the result but were soaked watching game unfold.
Ground 56.5% full by your figures.
Ralph
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
The Old TomCat wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Nice try.
Yes, actually you are correct. My apologies.
However the young person was travelling from London for game and I didn't want a wasted trip for her.
But with 2909 fans in TNL it was pretty full.
The away fans had sold all their allocated number of tickets. Poor so-and-so's got the result but were soaked watching game unfold.
Ground 56.5% full by your figures.
So half full can be known as "pretty full" from now on and when OTC says its a sell out, he means the away end only :lol:
The Old TomCat
I left myself open on this latest discussion and not surprisingly have come in for a load of flak.
But I will explain why my original post on the FGR forum was sound advice at time of posting.
Exeter supporters had sold out their allocation and were saying they would watch game with the home fans which would obviously reduce places for home supporters.
There were very few seats left for sale in the East Stand. It was towards the East Stand that my post was directed but I admit I neglected to say so.
On the night three of the stands were full. The rain probably deterred a lot of casual supporters from attending game.
Although the official ground capacity is over 5,000 in actual fact crowd health & safety would only allow around about 4,300 - 4,500 fans into ground [this is same for many clubs]. Therefore capacity on night was more like 3/4 full, our second highest of season.
I don't have inside info into ticket sales and neither do I have a crystal ball so do get some forecasts wrong but not always:
I'm currently top of both the FGR & Robin's Nest Prediction Leagues. :lol: :lol: :lol:

But the gobsmacking statistic from this discussion is that after 5 league games FGR have better attendance figures than Cheltenham [both home and away] when two years ago while both clubs were in Conference, Cheltenham's average attendance was around 1,000 more per game.
I suspect however that by season end Cheltenham's attendance will be greater than at TNL.
King giraffe iii
Failed again, OTC. Stop embarrassing yourself and keep to the Cbeebies forums.
Robin
The Old TomCat wrote:I left myself open on this latest discussion and not surprisingly have come in for a load of flak.
But I will explain why my original post on the FGR forum was sound advice at time of posting.
Exeter supporters had sold out their allocation and were saying they would watch game with the home fans which would obviously reduce places for home supporters.
There were very few seats left for sale in the East Stand. It was towards the East Stand that my post was directed but I admit I neglected to say so.
On the night three of the stands were full. The rain probably deterred a lot of casual supporters from attending game.
Although the official ground capacity is over 5,000 in actual fact crowd health & safety would only allow around about 4,300 - 4,500 fans into ground [this is same for many clubs]. Therefore capacity on night was more like 3/4 full, our second highest of season.
I don't have inside info into ticket sales and neither do I have a crystal ball so do get some forecasts wrong but not always:
I'm currently top of both the FGR & Robin's Nest Prediction Leagues. :lol: :lol: :lol:

But the gobsmacking statistic from this discussion is that after 5 league games FGR have better attendance figures than Cheltenham [both home and away] when two years ago while both clubs were in Conference, Cheltenham's average attendance was around 1,000 more per game.
I suspect however that by season end Cheltenham's attendance will be greater than at TNL.
The simple answer to that will be you've had considerably more away fans that we've had, I'd guess we're averaging a very poor 2800 or so home fans this season, well below the norm but I'd be very surprised if not 1000+ more than you guys.
Shade
We've had Crawley and Stevenage as 2 of our 3 home League games, who brought about 350-400, I'd guess, in total over the 2 games.
The Old TomCat
[quote="Robin]

The simple answer to that will be you've had considerably more away fans that we've had, I'd guess we're averaging a very poor 2800 or so home fans this season, well below the norm but I'd be very surprised if not 1000+ more than you guys.[/quote]

We agree.
I'll go further to remind you of the El Glosico games two seasons ago when both grounds were packed to the rafters. Plenty of potential local support that both clubs could chase. We were and are good for each other.
I agree with Shade that Cheltenham have some big supported teams to play at Whaddon Road which will tip the attendance balance towards them.
All the same I'm pleased that FGR have greatly increased their support from even a few years ago.
Sprout Picker
The Old TomCat wrote:I left myself open on this latest discussion and not surprisingly have come in for a load of flak.

Still scratching my head trying to work out what you're on about here. Five league games?

Are you genuinely comparing attendances of your matches with ours whilst including your away games as if that's some sort of triumph for FGR? That's a bit like an AFC Bournemouth fan blathering on in a similar vain because they just played at Man Utd or similar.

Very odd. :?
Malabus
Apologies if this been posted elsewhere.
Spitting incident in Nailsworth http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ation.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Typical Cooper side. Such a grubby little club these days.
Ralph
During the Exeter game I think it was, someone spray painted lines on the sides of cars that were apparently parked incorrectly on the road up to FGR's ground as well. Saw something about it in the press
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ralph wrote:During the Exeter game I think it was, someone spray painted lines on the sides of cars that were apparently parked incorrectly on the road up to FGR's ground as well. Saw something about it in the press
Be fewer away fans to worry about once they are back in Park leagues.
Ralph
Just took a look on the FGR forum and i see 2 threads which both mention the same thing pretty much
"Whilst there is a huge probability that this thread will be deleted as the other similar ones have"

One on fans wanting Cooper out and another on the spitting keeper

That admin deletes a lot of threads on there that don't conform to the FGR way of thinking :lol:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ralph wrote:Just took a look on the FGR forum and i see 2 threads which both mention the same thing pretty much
"Whilst there is a huge probability that this thread will be deleted as the other similar ones have"

One on fans wanting Cooper out and another on the spitting keeper

That admin deletes a lot of threads on there that don't conform to the FGR way of thinking :lol:
Yup, anything negative gets blocked and removed. Why their fans don't set-up their own unofficial forum free from Vince's Stasi I don't know.

Maybe we should let FGR use our 'Other Footy' section as an unofficial FGR forum so they can see how a proper League club does things.
Daveangel
Ralph wrote:During the Exeter game I think it was, someone spray painted lines on the sides of cars that were apparently parked incorrectly on the road up to FGR's ground as well. Saw something about it in the press
Old Wurzel paying the local urchins to vandalise cars thus making their move out of town more appealing to those that matter?
The Old TomCat
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Typical Cooper side. Such a grubby little club these days.
Update:
https://www.forestgreenroversfc.com/new ... rs-collins" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :D
The Old TomCat
If that be the case, FGR have now't to do with that illegality.

Interesting to note that two complaints publicized on this thread ref FGR but when examined FGR are in the clear on both occasions. :D
longmover
Can this be moved please
Si Robin
The Old TomCat wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Typical Cooper side. Such a grubby little club these days.
Update:
https://www.forestgreenroversfc.com/new ... rs-collins" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :D
Does this mean that FGR accepts that we did not tap up the FGR player last year (the name escapes me, Guthrie was it?)? I only ask, because when the FA found there was no case to answer members on the FGR forum seemed to accuse the FA of whitewashing and sticking up for the League team over the non-leage team.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
longmover wrote:Can this be moved please
League Two related so stays in this section as per forum rules.
Shade
Just because there's no proof doesn't mean it didn't happen. Gotta be a reason why a player and team that won the game were so incensed.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:Just because there's no proof doesn't mean it didn't happen. Gotta be a reason why a player and team that won the game were so incensed.
Safe to assume it happened.

Dispiriting to be honest that someone who appears as decent as Old Tom Cat continue to vehemently deny it and defend Collins. And shameful too that others on the FGR forum attack and abuse the spitting victim. When Storer bit a Lincoln player fans and club will quick to condemn and Storer quick to apologise and talk about how wrong it was. Complete opposite approach to FGR and shows the difference in class between CTFC and FGR.

Collins must come in for appropriate abuse when he comes to WR.
Ralph
longmover wrote:Can this be moved please
No, its L2
Ralph
The Old TomCat wrote:
Update:
Your keepers hardly going to say "yes i spat at him" is he now.. Lincoln players reaction is proof enough
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ralph wrote:
The Old TomCat wrote:
Update:
Your keepers hardly going to say "yes i spat at him" is he now.. Lincoln players reaction is proof enough
Collins is a filthy spitter and that's all we need to know.
The Old TomCat
Si Robin wrote:
The Old TomCat wrote:
Update:
Does this mean that FGR accepts that we did not tap up the FGR player last year (the name escapes me, Guthrie was it?)? I only ask, because when the FA found there was no case to answer members on the FGR forum seemed to accuse the FA of whitewashing and sticking up for the League team over the non-leage team.
Frear.
When all the facts came out, it was discovered that it was his agent who was creating all the hullabaloo.
His mislaid the newspapers who printed story in good faith.
Both Cheltenham & FGR were bystanders.
The Old TomCat
Shade wrote:Just because there's no proof doesn't mean it didn't happen. Gotta be a reason why a player and team that won the game were so incensed.

When you play Cowley's Lincoln you'll discover they use every gamesmanship trick going, so don't go down that route.
Remember FA stated no case to answer.
World of difference between spitting unintentionally in direction towards an opposing player and spitting at him.
He is a very young player on loan from Chelsea who will learn from this experience.
The Old TomCat
Calm down.
ctfc-fan
The Old TomCat wrote: Frear.
When all the facts came out, it was discovered that it was his agent who was creating all the hullabaloo.
I don't remember seeing an apology from Stale Mince? He was quick enough to shout his mouth off without knowing the full facts.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The Old TomCat wrote:
Calm down.
I am perfectly calm and content. Like I said, Collins is a filthy spitter, and I say that calmly.

You seem to be the one getting worked up, droning on about spitting in the direction of a player unintentionally and hiding behind the FA - who perhaps have the worst track record of governance and adjudication of any organisation in Britain. I would be more likely to believe your distasteful excusing of Collins the filthy spitter if the FA had found him guilty, such is their ineptitude.
The Old TomCat
ctfc-fan wrote:
I don't remember seeing an apology from Mr Vince? He was quick enough to shout his mouth off without knowing the full facts.
And why should he when FGR were the innocent party and their player became unsettled because of all the publicity.

And I also remind you that your chairman did not come up smelling of roses in the whole debarcle.
The Old TomCat
The Old TomCat wrote:
Calm down.
I am perfectly calm and content. Like I said, Collins is a filthy spitter, and I say that calmly.

You seem to be the one getting worked up, droning on about spitting in the direction of a player unintentionally and hiding behind the FA - who perhaps have the worst track record of governance and adjudication of any organisation in Britain. I would be more likely to believe your distasteful excusing of Collins the filthy spitter if the FA had found him guilty, such is their ineptitude.
Once again I'll say to you 'calm down'.
I was at game and watched play - were you there to make a judgement?
Almost assuredly not.
I'll say no more on subject.
ctfc-fan
The Old TomCat wrote:
ctfc-fan wrote:
I don't remember seeing an apology from Mr Vince? He was quick enough to shout his mouth off without knowing the full facts.
And why should he when FGR were the innocent party and their player became unsettled because of all the publicity.

And I also remind you that your chairman did not come up smelling of roses in the whole debarcle.
Do tell what Paul Baker did to cause the whole affair?

You've already admitted your player's agent caused the issue so he should be banned by Forest Green or made to issue an apology.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The Old TomCat wrote:
ctfc-fan wrote:

Debacle*

Paul Baker was not the one slagging off and insulting other teams.

It was Vince who was accusing Cheltenham of tapping up and such like. As you point out, an innocent mistake, and one for which someone with a bit more grace and class would apologise for. You can rest assured that Paul Baker would apologise if he had made insults and allegations which were false.

This isn't about FGR or Cheltenham or football rivalries, it is about whether one thinks people should act with integrity and decency. I am astounded that you would rally behind an individual who does not.