Another new signing expected

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Robin
http://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/sp ... am-1151012" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Free agent on 18mth deal, anyone want to look through the list of players released yesterday and speculate? I would assume a right back or possibly a winger.
Nesty
seems like it may be more than one coming in, with some going. any clues Robin?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Nesty wrote:seems like it may be more than one coming in, with some going. any clues Robin?
Lol.
Robin
I've heard nothing Nesty.
Lord Elpuz
Robin wrote:I've heard nothing Nesty.
I shot the sheriff.

But who shot the mole???
Malabus
Ex Argentinian and Real Madrid player...reliable souce.
Nesty
a bit harsh on Robin -
Nesty
is all gone quiet as per
drgm
What we need is another signing of this quality
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY3YQD1Oyes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Robin
GJ said after the Grimsby game that he is talking with more than one free agent and sounds like he is planning early for next season which is exactly what we need.
Shade
Nesty wrote:is all gone quiet as per
GJ never said it was an imminent thing, he just said there are free agents out there.
Nesty
I am surprised we have no trialists tomorrow
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Nesty wrote:is all gone quiet as per
News early next week.
little mo
Sean Rigg maybe. Just released from contract at Newport by mutual consent. Born in Wotton -under Edge, 29 years old, over 350 league appearances.
Malabus
little mo wrote:Sean Rigg maybe. Just released from contract at Newport by mutual consent. Born in Wotton -under Edge, 29 years old, over 350 league appearances.
No.
Robin
Not if he's just been released as he will be ineligible for the rest of the season unless his contract is terminated during a window. I doubt it's him but Diego De Girolumo had his contract paid up at Bristol City as did the Austrian keeper we had on trial from them summer 2016, Lucic I believe.
little mo
Robin wrote:Not if he's just been released as he will be ineligible for the rest of the season unless his contract is terminated during a window. I doubt it's him but Diego De Girolumo had his contract paid up at Bristol City as did the Austrian keeper we had on trial from them summer 2016, Lucic I believe.
Ah didn't know that was the rule Robin, ok thanks.
Robin
Rigg has dropped down to Bath City.
Shade
https://www.dreamteamfc.com/c/news-goss ... t-wembley/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Apparently Rigg has gone part-time because he sees football as more of a hobby now and wants to be a tattoo artist.
Nesty
more news early next week?

seriously though maybe GJ was looking at defenders - but now Cranston and Forster are nearing fitness he is holding fire.
Si Robin
Am I the only one who read the article and thought that GJ was simply paying lip-service and basically said if someone was available then we'd consider signing them as a free-agent - not that we were definitely signing someone?
"Free agents are in my thoughts now and if we bring any in, it'll be for the rest of this season and next season, not just short term," Johnson said.

"They are out of contract so they can sign permanent deals somewhere and there are a lot of them out there, so I will look forward to making contact with a couple and talking to them.
Nesty
You may be right Si............
Shade
Si Robin wrote:Am I the only one who read the article and thought that GJ was simply paying lip-service and basically said if someone was available then we'd consider signing them as a free-agent - not that we were definitely signing someone?
"Free agents are in my thoughts now and if we bring any in, it'll be for the rest of this season and next season, not just short term," Johnson said.

"They are out of contract so they can sign permanent deals somewhere and there are a lot of them out there, so I will look forward to making contact with a couple and talking to them.
Yes, basically what I said in my post above from a few weeks ago. All he really said was you never know who might become available so not ruling more signings if the right player pops up.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:
Si Robin wrote:Am I the only one who read the article and thought that GJ was simply paying lip-service and basically said if someone was available then we'd consider signing them as a free-agent - not that we were definitely signing someone?

Yes, basically what I said in my post above from a few weeks ago. All he really said was you never know who might become available so not ruling more signings if the right player pops up.
How anyone thought otherwise is beyond me. If people misinterpret such banal statements as deifinite targeting of a signing no wonder there is so much disappointment on this forum!
Nesty
the title of the thread says "Another new signing expected"
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Nesty wrote:the title of the thread says "Another new signing expected"
My last post equally applies to whoever wrote the title. You’re wise enough to judge for yourself after reading the details rather than taking headlines as gospel Nesty!