Some thoughts on the Wycombe defeat

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Can be read here: http://bit.ly/FiveThingsWycombe" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
horlickfanclub
Further thoughts. What was Morrell doing giving the ball away just before half time? Why didn't Atangana come on when we went 4 4 2?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
horlickfanclub wrote:Further thoughts. What was Morrell doing giving the ball away just before half time? Why didn't Atangana come on when we went 4 4 2?
What was Morrell doing? Showing why he is in League Two and not City’s first team squad.

Re: Nige. I guess Gary wanted to keep Pell on, and as we all know, Pell and Nige in the middle is too defensive and not creative enough for home games, especially when losing. Personally I would rather see Nige than Pell.
horlickfanclub
Nige for Worrell would have been my choice.
Shade
Mine too. Nige looked plenty creative enough against Vale when he kept winning the ball back and either striding forward with it or passing it to someone making a run. Obviously, it was a completely different game v Wycombe, though, where they defended as much more of a team.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:Mine too. Nige looked plenty creative enough against Vale when he kept winning the ball back and either striding forward with it or passing it to someone making a run. Obviously, it was a completely different game v Wycombe, though, where they defended as much more of a team.
With Morrell off who would have made the runs?
Shade
Sellars & Dawson. We were 4-4-2 at that point and they were playing "wide".
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:Sellars & Dawson. We were 4-4-2 at that point and they were playing "wide".
Cheers. Have to agree with you!