Clickbait

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Have you had a PM from JP asking you to define clickbait yet? I got mine after commenting on the piece about the Liverpool youth side or whatever it was.
Ralph
Ben2 wrote:I see JP has upped his posts again, up to at least 6 out of 10 all posts are click bait for glos live.

I don’t like it but that’s my personal preference. Others do. If I want to read a story entitled...

‘Cheltenham town star....’

To then read ‘...is just the North Star, same as everywhere else’ - then it gets on my nerves!

Could we not serve all parties and set up an area that is clearly marked ‘Clickbait’ or ‘Gloslive’? Then if we want to read these we can (as an alternative to the present when we could read glos live and bypass the robins nest altogether)? That’s a compromise - they still post incessantly but we can choose whether we read MirrorOnline?

I’m not proud - we could have a fans page and leave the current one to MirrorOnline. I don’t mind leaving this to them if we can have a page for fans

I like JP posts. I'm an adult. I can decide by myself if I want to click on it or not.
Malabus
Well said, Ralph.
Si Robin
I also agree with Ralph.
asl
I also don't see a problem with simply not clicking on such links. If the perpetrator worked for a public body like the BBC then there's cause for complaint. Otherwise, it's called Doing Their Job.
Johnsons Red Army
Also agree with the majority on this one.

I think JP should be left alone.

On a related note, the abuse that James Young got on here when he posted was disgraceful to say the least.
Nesty
asl wrote:I also don't see a problem with simply not clicking on such links. If the perpetrator worked for a public body like the BBC then there's cause for complaint. Otherwise, it's called Doing Their Job.
agree.
horlickfanclub
I agree with Ralph ,Malabus,Nesty and Johnsons.
kora
So do I.
Shade
I frankly don't care one way or the other. As Ralph said, adults can choose whether to click or not. I usually don't click unless it looks like genuine signing news, but I do go to the GlosLive website every lunchtime and check out all the stories, so...
Lord Elpuz
I agree with Ralph and I very much appreciate what JP does for the club & enjoy his articles and information.
Malabus
Shade wrote:I frankly don't care one way or the other. As Ralph said, adults can choose whether to click or not. I usually don't click unless it looks like genuine signing news, but I do go to the GlosLive website every lunchtime and check out all the stories, so...
The site doesn’t get pass my employer’s OTT filter.
Nesty
in the main i find the website a poor substitute for the now defunct printed version, the once a week tomb is a non runner for me.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Nesty wrote:in the main i find the website a poor substitute for the now defunct printed version, the once a week tomb is a non runner for me.
Guinea Pig and Hamster keepers most effected by the decrease in publishing.

I still remember the early and late editions!
Flux
Dont click it then simples
Nesty
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Nesty wrote:in the main i find the website a poor substitute for the now defunct printed version, the once a week tomb is a non runner for me.
Guinea Pig and Hamster keepers most effected by the decrease in publishing.

I still remember the early and late editions!
LOL!!
everyman
horlickfanclub wrote:I agree with Ralph ,Malabus,Nesty and Johnsons.
Red wine doesn`t agree with me ?