New Start

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Ben3
Hi all. I am Ben3 - I have changed my user name to throw you all off the scent. Previously I use Ben2 - and before that Ben1. There's a pattern emerging...

I left the forum because frankly it was too depressing to post or even read it. Depressing both on the field but, worse still, the entirely predictable response on here.

Anyway - that's the past now hopefully and I thought I'd add my two cents.

First, let me be the first to say: "Duff OUT!" (If we have a terrible run then I win :) )

Second, what a great appointment. I dont think it could be much better. Connection to the club; experience at (literally) every level; and learning under a very good English manager who has over achieved with a small club (Dyche). He ticks every box for me

Third - the squad, by all acounts, are average or above, particularly defensively.

Fourth we are not cut adrift. We are down a few places but not out

All in all its set up nicely. I hope the moaning minority leave off Duff if we lose a game this decade. I hope people will give Wilcox and the board the benefit of the doubt. I hope people will get out and support Duff and co this weekend

As for me I can't get enough of that Wonderful Duff #duffmantotherecue

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-fjiGpjvFceM/V ... uffman.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
asl
I'm registering Ben4, Ben5 and Ben6 right now in order to sell them to you at a future date.
theidlerich
....then there's asl2; cliffy900; RCS2 [god forbid!! :)]; nesty2; theidlepoor; red duke2; OTC2 etc,etc.... the mind boggles! The moderators will go spare.
However welcome back Ben!
What ever happened to Pitbull [a few years ago now]?
Nesty
there is only one Nesty (thanks God says everybody), mind you there has been a few derivatives!!
Ben3
When I leave for good they will retire the name Ben with any number . Out of respect
Malabus
Another glory hunter crawls back out of the dark hole. Should be there for your team Ben 1/2/3/4 etc when things are desperately bad and entertainingly good.
Ben3
Hi Malabus, lovely to hear from you and thanks for reminding me of what I've been missing

I can catch up on the past 10 weeks in no time. Lets see how many of 'hot-topics' I can hit in "Topics on the Robins Nest in the past 10 weeks...BINGO"

Sack Johnson! Don't sack Johnson. The Board are rubbish, the old stand is rubbish, Radio Gloucestershire are rubbish, the club's website is rubbish, your grammar is rubbish, Baker was rubbish, JP's reporting is rubbish, the Echo is rubbish, FGR are rubbish, our team is rubbish, pop up adverts are rubbish, selling Eisa was rubbish, a cantilever-over-the-brook, Hancox is rubbish, bring back Yates, Martin Allen's dog was rubbish, OTC is talks rubbish, rubbish in the river Chelt.

Ahhhh - that felt good. Its good to be home
Fuller
Ben3 wrote:Hi Malabus, lovely to hear from you and thanks for reminding me of what I've been missing

I can catch up on the past 10 weeks in no time. Lets see how many of 'hot-topics' I can hit in "Topics on the Robins Nest in the past 10 weeks...BINGO"

Sack Johnson! Don't sack Johnson. The Board are rubbish, the old stand is rubbish, Radio Gloucestershire are rubbish, the club's website is rubbish, your grammar is rubbish, Baker was rubbish, JP's reporting is rubbish, the Echo is rubbish, FGR are rubbish, our team is rubbish, pop up adverts are rubbish, selling Eisa was rubbish, a cantilever-over-the-brook, Hancox is rubbish, bring back Yates, Martin Allen's dog was rubbish, OTC is talks rubbish, rubbish in the river Chelt.

Ahhhh - that felt good. Its good to be home
:lol: :lol: :lol:
kora
A pretty comprehensive summary of the last 10 week's postings. :lol: :lol: :lol:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
theidlerich wrote:....then there's asl2; cliffy900; RCS2 [god forbid!! :)]; nesty2; theidlepoor; red duke2; OTC2 etc,etc.... the mind boggles! The moderators will go spare.
RCS20K not far off.
Red Duke
If I were to have a second name I would go for R2D2.
Nesty
Red Duke wrote:If I were to have a second name I would go for R2D2.
I would be n3sty
Malabus
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
theidlerich wrote:....then there's asl2; cliffy900; RCS2 [god forbid!! :)]; nesty2; theidlepoor; red duke2; OTC2 etc,etc.... the mind boggles! The moderators will go spare.
RCS20K not far off.
He went to work on another forum, can’t remember which one.
Lord Elpuz
Well, I could use my first name which would then make me Gordon Elpuz.

But I would be most content to have my first name abbreviated to Gord, as my dear old friend Lord Foddery-Ducker likes to refer to me.

( The self-appointed master-cryptologist at FGR will no doubt assume he has stumbled upon some secret meanings in there ;) )
SHANDY VOR
I would go by the name Shandy Love Machine.

Ben - good to see you back here, while watching in I used to enjoy your posts, straight to the point and with plenty of humour. You brought some levity and brevity to the gravity and bavery.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
SHANDY VOR wrote:I would go by the name Shandy Love Machine.

Ben - good to see you back here, while watching in I used to enjoy your posts, straight to the point and with plenty of humour. You brought some levity and brevity to the gravity and bavery.
Agreed!
Ben3
Yes, I try to steer clear of controversy but unfortunately I am plagued with the responsibility of knowing more about football than anyone else, and also never being wrong about anything.

I, the sole voice of reason, said sacking Yates would lead us to get relegated.

I predict our finishing position every year with absolute accuracy, whilst others squabble and don’t know their Harris from their elbow

I’m unusual for the site in that I don’t hate everyone and everything and use the site to vent my spleen. I DO hate FGR , mainly because of the way they treated me over past few seasons

As an aside, I went on their forum the other day and OTC and others are obsessed with us and this site. Hilariously OTC does not realise RCS is winding him up. They have ‘Other News’ page which should be named the ‘Ctfc’ page as they go on and on and on about us

A couple of observations. Forster is not that good. Last year everyone banged on like he was our saviour...that’s just grass is greener syndrome.Also Winnie is a lower league player and if he is the best FGR have to offer they will struggle this year

Ben3 - the voice of reason since 2018
Red dog
A lot of fans added to the situation we are in! We all were aware of the "new team" problem no matter who was to blame for that and instead of giving it a few extra weeks to settle they thought it was a good idea to force out the manager and single out new players for the blame when they clearly needed a "little more" time ,
Red dog
Red dog wrote:A lot of fans added to the situation we are in! We all were aware of the "new team" problem no matter who was to blame for that and instead of giving it a few extra weeks to settle they thought it was a good idea to force out the manager and single out new players for the blame when they clearly needed a "little more" time ,
Also I just hope our new manager is afforded a bit more patients before the Whitchurch hunt starsts, support his decsitions on team selection as who ever he chooses must be showing ability in training, we are all entitled to an opinion on how the game went and who played well or not but to barrage an individual player with abuse and bad mothing them on here and on other social media effects ther confidence and only adds to our demise.
Shade
If I had another name, I'd go for Sha'dynasty.
Ben3
If IhearYe had another name he couldn't choose one

Because he's confused.com
Player2 Has Joined
Anyone got a multitap? I'm stuck with 2 players otherwise....
Ben3
2-0 tomorrow. You heard it here first
SHANDY VOR
Ben3 wrote:Yes, I try to steer clear of controversy but unfortunately I am plagued with the responsibility of knowing more about football than anyone else, and also never being wrong about anything.
I share your pain, its a heavy burden
Ben3 wrote:I, the sole voice of reason, said sacking Yates would lead us to get relegated.
On this point I disagree, for its I that is the voice of reason. Shandy VOR is not a username that suggests I eat only Shandies, or that I am some sort of evolutionary hybrid dinosaur / beer / lemonade monster. No, VOR stands for Voice of Reason, and I am the sole voice in a choir of mutes.