C&G lads: your mission vs Ebbsfleet keeper

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:Ben, my clarification was mainly aimed at RCS himself, who seemed to believe CTFC fans had been racist, from this line:

"Had I known the original abuse was racist and that we had racists following CTFC (hopefully now banned and facing court) I would have been much more careful in my posts"

Maybe you got ahead of yourself and your reading skills need work. I wouldn't dream of suggesting that you should read everyone's posts before jumping to conclusions.
So if our fans were not out of order why did Ben call me up? I was only responding to Ben’s criticism.
horlickfanclub
Cooper and Winchester coming next week says RCS. Where ?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
horlickfanclub wrote:Cooper and Winchester coming next week says RCS. Where ?
Got ahead of myself. Two weeks or so.
SHANDY VOR
Ben3 wrote:You got your wish RCS. I wonder whether people could think before they post?

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/s ... ng-2319902" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Oh dear Sam, your fingers have beaten your brain to it once again :o Maybe you should think about quality rather than quantity in future?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
SHANDY VOR wrote:
Ben3 wrote:You got your wish RCS. I wonder whether people could think before they post?

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/s ... ng-2319902" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Oh dear Sam, your fingers have beaten your brain to it once again :o Maybe you should think about quality rather than quantity in future?
Any of the morons behind the goal even read this site?
SHANDY VOR
Fair play to you - you rarely hear people being reproched but if it happened more often then others would be more confident to do it, and the perpetrators less willing to say it.
everyman
G G T T H wrote:
Shade wrote:Can we just make it clear here, as people don't seem to have read the article and are jumping to conclusions, that there was apparently no racism directed at this player from CTFC fans. All he said was that he already didn't want to play the game (assume because of his previous game) and got some abuse he wouldn't wish on his worst enemy, and a complaint was made to the ref. The club have made a statement saying that as far as they're aware, nothing was heard that broke any laws and the abuse toned down once extra stewards were sent to the area the abuse was coming from.

I don't know what exactly was being shouted. I would prefer that no abuse was shouted other than a few chants about how s#!t the keeper is, but if the club says nothing that was shouted was illegal, then I can't see what the big deal is. It happens at every ground in the country. I would suggest this keeper seeks some help for his own mental wellbeing because I'm sure a hell of a lot of keepers higher up the pyramid have encountered much worse at the likes of Millwall, Cardiff, Leeds, etc, etc, than he has on a Tuesday night at Cheltenham in front of a few kids.
Are you allowed to hate " JAMBO`S " ?
I was standing in the C&G not far from the clock and heard the term ''Gypo'' being shouted at him, they were told by myself and others around to STFU, they did not like that, but it had the desired effect, some may disagree whether it is a racist slur or not, I find it completely out of order, but as I say some might not, opinions I guess
asl
I've never understood the "Gypo" chant just cos someone has long hair. Directed at Eastwood - fair enough. Although I always suspected he knew exactly where his caravan was parked, so taunting him about it seemed a bit strange...
Shade
Speaking of long hair, I was most saddened to see Gallers had very short cropped hair when he returned to the WR pitch last weekend.
CTFC.Harry
Johnsons Red Army wrote:
Sprout Picker wrote:The club needs to weed out these twats before they really drag our good name into the gutter.
Fully agree. If it's the same kids that were causing trouble on the train to/from Swindon last season, the same group that trashed the bar at FGR away this season, then please dish out lifetime bans as they really are trash and we don't need them as fans.
You seriously think that a group of thirty-fourty teenagers and young adults who create an atmosphere should receive lifetime bans? As ever, if you think their behaviour is bad try supporting a better supported league 2 or 1 side or better still a team like Villa or Leeds.
Johnsons Red Army
Just because they create an atmosphere does not excuse their dickhead behaviour.

Also, just because there are bigger twats out there is no excuse either.
Robin
The pathetic sniping at the youngsters on this forum really does need to stop. It doesn't excuse some of their behaviour but they are young and the future of this club.
Hubert Parry
Robin wrote:The pathetic sniping at the youngsters on this forum really does need to stop. It doesn't excuse some of their behaviour but they are young and the future of this club.
I have not seen any "pathetic sniping", but instead some very valid criticisms of a collection of supporters whose behaviour has been at times strayed into questionable territory. You even suggest that some behaviour is hard to excuse. Whether they are the future of this club is completely irrelevant. They should not be held to a higher or lower standard than anyone else, and the rules and regulations exist to protect the well-being of all.