CTFC vs Tranmere Rovers Home Saturday 12th January 2019

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

theidlerich
CTFC vs Tranmere Rovers Saturday 12th January 2019

Few points scored against Crawley, our optimism misplaced after a good run. It would appear our usual failing[s] in front of goal unfortunately. It will be interesting to see if any new faces appear over the next few days; with the Carawhatsit game interfering with ‘proper’ football; although a cheap evening out for the hardy. Tranmere will be on the back of that thrashing by Spurs [remember that game - McCann almost scoring….ah..memories ], so will be after a determined win. So if we are lucky a draw at 1-1 with Varney to score.
everyman
I hope we play 3 up front against their very slow back 3,if each one is occupied they look vulnerable.
Shade
I can't believe McNulty is still playing professional football. He was overweight and looked 50 5 years ago. Must have great positioning.
Sprout Picker
Shade wrote:I can't believe McNulty is still playing professional football. He was overweight and looked 50 5 years ago. Must have great positioning.
Exactly what I was saying. He's got to be 18 stone at least!
Shade
Sprout Picker wrote:
Shade wrote:I can't believe McNulty is still playing professional football. He was overweight and looked 50 5 years ago. Must have great positioning.
He's doesn't get bullied off the ball, does he :lol:
Red Duke
I was at Tranmere at the start of the season and I was amazed that the Robins didn't exploit his lack of speed and mobility. Maybe he plays more of a sweeper role where he is not marking anyone specifically and so it is difficult to get an advantage.
Sprout Picker
Shade wrote:
Sprout Picker wrote:
He's doesn't get bullied off the ball, does he :lol:
Or his dinner by the looks of it! :lol: