Radio commentary

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Ben3
Haha a robins nest commentators competition would be gold dust.

‘And, despite this being the first time FGR have played at Old Trafford, it’s great to see 75,000 fans following the Nailsworth team’. (OTC)

‘Carlisle are playing well, but can we have an in/out vote on these foreigners playing in our league’ (MAL)

‘It’s a good run by Alex. A source of mine says he’s about to sign for Leicester city (I cannot name that source)’ (Robin)

‘I knew this would happen - didn’t I tell you this MONTHS ago?’ (Ben3)
SHANDY VOR
I did football commentary a few times for City games when we were first trialling it on the internet, and it is much more difficult than you might imagine. My problem was that I couldn't take it seriously enough and was always trying to inject a bit of humour into proceedings. This came back to haunt me during an FA Cup match against Weston Super Mare, which was switched to a Sunday because of a fixture clash with our Whaddon Road hosts. One of their players went down and I made some comment about it being apt that the game was being played on God's day because as soon as our player got a card the 'victim' would rise again like Lazarus.

He did rise again, some half hour later, as he was being lifted into the back of an ambulance.

And yes RCS, the ambulance did drive across the pitch to reach the player, although you'll be pleased that my suggestion it pull a 'doughnut' was ignored.
The Old TomCat
Ben3 wrote:Haha a robins nest commentators competition would be gold dust.

And, despite this being the first time FGR have played at Old Trafford, it’s great to see 75,000 fans following the Nailsworth team’. (OTC)

‘Carlisle are playing well, but can we have an in/out vote on these foreigners playing in our league’ (MAL)

‘It’s a good run by Alex. A source of mine says he’s about to sign for Leicester city (I cannot name that source)’ (Robin)

‘I knew this would happen - didn’t I tell you this MONTHS ago?’ (Ben3)
:D

[The mods should amalgamate this thread with the BOB HUNT thread for a better overall read. :lol: ]
http://www.robinsnestforum.co.uk/viewto ... =2&t=25954" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Horteng
Oh no it’s Youngy again!!!

90 mins of slating league 2 coming up.......
Nesty
Coverage today has been excellent
horlickfanclub
No improvement heard here.. Stats ,stats,stats and repetitive waffling and Addai bashing by James Young. Very little commentary as Mark Halliwell struggled to find space to commentate so resorted to stats. Texts asking about next years finances did not help. I'm off to read Old Moores Almanack to find the answers.