Andy Wilcox

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Interview here discussing his first year as chairrman: http://bit.ly/AndyWilcoxYearOne" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ihearye
Quite a decent read, that. talks a similar no nonsense manner as MD.
Robin
I like Andy Wilcox, he appears to be closer to the fan base than PB was but is just as open and honest.
Lord Elpuz
Indeed, a very good interview and Mr Wilcox has proven to be a very decent Chairman. It was a good insight into what a Chairman has to deal with when running a Club, and some pretty strong hints at what needed to be put right, and overall I would say he’s got it very right.

The only thing I would comment on that was incorrect, was that he said - probably a little tongue in cheek - that CTFC has gone from 2300 booing to 4000 cheering. Not every one of the hard-core 2300 were booing, even during the darkest of days, because many of us recognise that the act of booing does nothing for the moral and confidence of a Team, and in fact a good number of that initially struggling Team have now come good. This shows that given the right encouragement a Team can perform. Mr Duff, take a bow on proving that last point.
Ihearye
JP = every time I follow one of the links to your articles, I live in hope that the banner on the CTFC page, will have been changed from us playing at the LCI rail stadium. Year is almost up!