I love....

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Ben3
....football! Yipeee what a performance and what a result against poor poor poor Scunthorpe.

Tav should’ve had us 2-0 up before the suicidal pass at the back. But don’t be fooled - we were better than them in every position and at every facet of the game.

Once the flood gates opened we could/should have had 7. They had no reply to our shape.

I’ve bet on us winning the damn league, each way - so top three will do me. And all this without our three best players.

A very happy Ben3 8-)
Robin
Strange game which I felt was boring and turgid for the first hour, when they scored against the run of play I thought we'd go on and lose but the Addai subsitute changed the game completely and by the end 4-1 flattered them.

Left the game very optimistic but better to keep feet on the ground and realise we've played two sides which will likely finish in the bottom half.
Ben3
Realism is for when we lose. Today let’s just be happy. An incredibly poor Scunthorpe team put to the sword by the mighty robins
Ihearye
Their big lumps at the back had no answer for speed around them. TC was not a physical match and didnt have the quickness of foot to take advantage of their lack of agility. Was good to see, that when we went ahead, we did not immediately start to look for out 18 yard line and set up camp. All in all, many reasons to be optimistic, 4 goals, kept attacking, excellent loan signings, midfield looking strong. Above all 100% confidence across the pitch
Robin
Agree the big lumps won the headers and had Campbell in their pocket but couldn't cope at all with the ball on the ground and nippy strikers.
Ben3
I thought we outplayed them throughout. As others have pointed out broom was poor first half and tav not really at the races.

Add Reid, varney, ince and Boyle to that and we’re going to be handful for anyone
Shade
It would have probably helped had Tahv not had the ball humped high to him all throughout the first half. Hardly playing to his strengths. And we know MD doesn't want it humped forward.