Morecambe v Cheltenham Town

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Team news, live updates and reaction all here this afternoon http://bit.ly/Morecambe1920" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Scarface
Look well organised today but still not entirely sure on Debayo. (Benefit of the doubt for now)

Windy day, small strikers- why do we insist on hitting it high to them I’ll never know... needed pace in behind. One shot on target as a result. Reilly perhaps should’ve done better from the half-chance opportunity.

Young loaners look decent, Lloyd provided some urgency from the bench.

Just need a bit more end product. Probably need a target man for these type of scrappy games.
Ihearye
Yeah it was a strange one. We looked good last week passing in the small front line. Then this week seem to have forgotten how good we were at that
Red Duke
The strong wind was the major factor in the game. it made it difficult for both sides. .

Morecambe made substitutions in the second half, changed to 3-5-2 but it allowed CTFC to get on top. Robins should have nicked it at this point and with a bit of luck should have. However, they started playing for draw with about 10 minutes to go. This allowed Morecambe to get on the front foot and started to having a go and could have scored in injury time

Total forgetable game. The only positive is that we are on unbeaten run of two games in the league!

One odd thing happened. A CTFC and MFC fell over each other and ended up off the pitch near the goal. The players lined up for the goal kick and then the ref stopped play, spoke to the fourth official, spoke to both managers and then got on with the game.

No idea what it was all about. Anybody have a clue?
Benctfc
We seemed to dominate possession but didn't create enough in the final third. I dont think either team did enough to deserve a win. We miss Reid not being available in these games and you feel Varney would benefit from a bigger striker to play off.

We look to have found a formation that makes us hard to beat but at the moment is blunting out attacking threat.
Horteng
Sounded like we were missing a Tyrone Barnett type player...….
Nesty
why was AA not playing? injured ?
Shade
Nesty wrote:why was AA not playing? injured ?
Unwell and groin injury apparently.

Harking back to a post I made last season...we never score for a couple of games after we score 4.
Nesty
In January 1975 we played Bromsgrove Rovers at Whaddon Road in the FA Trophy we won 7-1 and on the next Saturday , again at WR we drew 0-0 - against ? Yup Bromsgrove Rovers

11/01/1975 Bromsgrove Rovers Whaddon Road FAT1 1,143 7 - 1 Lewis (3, 1 pen), D.Dangerfield, McDonnell, Skeen, Casey

18/01/1975 Bromsgrove Rovers Whaddon Road SL1N 1,044 0 - 0 -
Fuller
Nesty wrote:In January 1975 we played Bromsgrove Rovers at Whaddon Road in the FA Trophy we won 7-1 and on the next Saturday , again at WR we drew 0-0 - against ? Yup Bromsgrove Rovers

11/01/1975 Bromsgrove Rovers Whaddon Road FAT1 1,143 7 - 1 Lewis (3, 1 pen), D.Dangerfield, McDonnell, Skeen, Casey

18/01/1975 Bromsgrove Rovers Whaddon Road SL1N 1,044 0 - 0 -
I remember those two games well Nesty. Was expecting another hatful the second week running - little did we know that Bromsgrove would not cross the halfway line for 90 minutes :lol:
RedRobin32
I too remember both of those games way back when I had all my hair! Also remember Ken Skeen playing. By an astonishing coincidence, I had a quick chat with him this morning in M&S Foodhall at Gallagher Park. First time I had seen him in years. He looked well.