Two important home games coming uo

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

longtimerobin
Hi every one, new season has started, and every one starts looking at the league table even after one game.. At the present time we are in eleventh place, our goal difference keeping us above five other teams. Although it is early days at the moment, we have a great chance to be in the top four or five by 5pm on Saturday. So with our good home record and the good football we have seen under Mike Duff, get down in your droves and be vocal and supportive of your local team. I would rather see Cheltenham riding high in the league than lost in the lower half of the league. COME ON YOU ROBINS.
Ben3
You know what I could give you a million reasons to dismiss this...too early in season, each game worth 3 points etc etc

But I completely agree. A bit of momentum is what’s called for.

COYR
Robin
Two winnable home games but I'd take four points now given our injury problems. I fear for the attendence tonight though, mid-week games are historically poorly supported and suspect we'll see only 2300 die hards.
Ben3
It may be poor tonight - Holiday season.

But Saturday, if we win tonight - people coming back for school and two of the top sides in the division - expect 5000+
pas
Yes but 'Gloucestershire Live' today says : Cheltenham have not scored against Cheltenham in their last four matches.
Shade
It's true. No own goals this season.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Even I am planning to travel down for the Swindon clash so you know it must be a “big” game.

I remember we played them early on in the season we blew promotion (due to the pitch) and battled to a 1-0. It was a tetchy affair, Di Canio and the travelling fans were not happy having just got relegated. “Welcome to League Two boys” I bellowed at the end and that game seemed to get fans and players up for the season.

So let’s get that momentum going again. Get a win in tonight’s low-key game and then a bumper crowd and late summer atmosphere on Saturday against rivals Swindon. Will leave us near the top, alongside Swindon and FGR, adding extra spice for a promotion push.

In contrast, it this weak peters out into a couple of draws or defeats then the months ahead already look like a slog and chore for supporters.

So yes I agree with the OP subject line.