only one relegation spot likely this year

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Robin
https://www.efl.com/news/2019/august/ef ... fc-update3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bury look set to be expelled from the football league on Friday and only three teams will be relegated from league one. Almost certainly this will mean only one relegation out of league two this year.

I appreciate we probably won't be in the scrap this year but I can see Crawley, Morecambe and Macclesfield being very happy with this news.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
If there is only one spot I bet Morecambe come second bottom and get reprieved. The club that dodges death every season. I think the last day fix with Coventry two seasons ago to send down the on form and unstoppable Barnet on goal difference will still anger football fans more however.
Artemis
If you have any evidence of match fixing, take it to the police. Else just shut up. Its tiresome......
longmover
have Bolton been taken over?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Artemis wrote:If you have any evidence of match fixing, take it to the police. Else just shut up. Its tiresome......
Coventry were in the playoffs, couldn’t change position and wanted to protect players from injury so didn’t want to press for a win or get stuck into challenges. Morecambe knew a draw was enough and didn’t want to risk attacking. Doesn’t take a lot of imagination to wonder why the game ended up 0-0. Both teams were happy with the scoreline with no incentive to try to score. Apologies you find the only post about this game in the last two years “tiresome”!!