CTFC vs Newport County 12th Nov 2019 Prediction League

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

theidlerich
CTFC. vs Newport County Tuesday 12th November 2019

Rather like that silly game earlier with the oval ball, outthought, outplayed and outmuscled and may I add out acted too! A strange first half, never in the game; and gave away two stoppable goals after losing the ball mid-field. The urgency came too late; Alex A may have made a difference if allowed to roam free as a C/F for 30+minutes; not to be. Thought his pace and eccentric approach may have unsettled their decent , but pedestrian back-line. That incisive pass never materialised; too slow or failed to meet the man. Too much aimless sideways and back passing; this doesn't test defensive set-ups.
I had earlier stated that the ref would make a difference; so true, so true. After ignoring a couple of neck strangleholds [that would have been a yellow earlier that morning] and several bear hugs; applauding the cry-baby actors within the FGR defence particularly he set the pattern of incompetence personified. He must be a highly valued customer of Ecotricity and a Vegan! The CF Lino; incompetent also [thought 2nd goal was well offside from my viewpoint in the CF] , but obviously eats too many pukka pies.
Disappointing for the many optimistic fans that piled in. Newport will be similar, but even more physical; so I expect similar or worse. Loss CTFC 1 NC 2 with Varney for a consolation.
Why not Swindon you ask - League games only....and anyway we haven't passed the first round these days anyway. If we doi I may include the next round if I'm in a good mood.
Trust RCS made it back up North with much gnashing of teeth and awaiting OTC's comments with interest. Felt FGR will be there or thereabouts at the end; I don't think we will.
ThelmaChen
Isn't this the Mickey Mouse cup?
theidlerich
...it is....memo to self ..........read the small print. Thanks also to RCS for pointing out my error!
So predictors - ignore this thread - but have amended for Exeter City on the 16th.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Away win.

CTFC 4 - 7 Exiles

Sheaf.