Former Players Association

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

hepple
Just read on Twitter that the Former Players association has decided to call it a day and disband. Such a shame as it was always good to see some rare faces back at Whaddon Road like Simon Cooper, Dale Watkins and Dave Norton. Improved my match day experience as I’m sure it did others even if you could hardly hear them on the tannoy or mic in the bar.

Thought something was afoot when the last few old players were invited by the club and wasn’t seemingly any involvement from the FPA. Wonder if there has been a falling out or the club want to do things there own way. Quite a few clubs have them and use them for good things like charity events

Shame really it was something I had been saying the club should explore for a few years normally getting the answer from the club as why what’s the point and a seeming lack of interest in anything that wasn’t current.

Maybe it’s something the trust might want to explore to keep this initiative going.