Undr the Cosh podcast

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Hubert Parry
I might have mentioned this podcast before. It is not a feat of intellectualism but it is a good listen for a supporter of lower league football. The hosts are Jon Parkin and the Chris Browns.

The reason I mention it now is because there have been a few interesting stories that have CTFC connections. Clarke Carlisle referenced Mike Duff in last week's in the context that he was the only player over 30 who Eddie Howe retained at Burney, he also said that Steve Cotterill was a marmite figure. Aaron Wilbraham was waxing lyrical about Steve Cotterill and Martin Allen! Dean Windass some while ago spoke at length about the John Finnigan incident.
Hubert Parry
Martin Allen has been the guest for the last couple of weeks. The toast incident came up. He also emphasised the difference between being promoted and going up as champions, which was interesting given our current position. In light of those comments, I now hope for our wonderful staff and players that they go on and do it.
Joey
The Clarke Carlisle episode is an interesting watch, didn't he also mention he was at his happiest footballing wise when playing under Steve Cotterill?

I'm currently halfway through the MA one, the toast incident is around the 31 minute mark for those who don't watch to watch the entire thing (understandable).

Also on the topic of podcasts, Not The Top 20 Pod which is done by George Elek and Ali Maxwell, had some some nice things to say about Cheltenham and the job Duff has done here plus some good analysis on why Swindon have had a terrible season in their most recent episode.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Hubert Parry wrote:Martin Allen has been the guest for the last couple of weeks. The toast incident came up. He also emphasised the difference between being promoted and going up as champions, which was interesting given our current position. In light of those comments, I now hope for our wonderful staff and players that they go on and do it.
Quite a funny listen if you’re bored.
Hubert Parry
Yet strangely quite a boring listen if you're funny.