Port Vale v Cheltenham Town

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Team news, live updates and reaction all here this afternoon: http://bit.ly/PortValeA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ben3
A good point. FGR doing us a favour sharing the points with Swindon, it really is very very tight

Plymouth game a big one
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
1 win 7. Need to turn draws into wins.
Ben3
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:1 win 7. Need to turn draws into wins.
One win in seven for us...one win between the top seven today as the other six drew. It’s just a tight league
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ben3 wrote:
One win in seven for us...one win between the top seven today as the other six drew. It’s just a tight league
All the more reason to win matches!
Ben3
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Ben3 wrote:
All the more reason to win matches!
I can only bow to your superior technical and tactical nous and agree that in football it is indeed preferable to win games rather than lose or draw them.
Shade
Well the good news is that Varney will be back in a few games time and we're then into playing some teams in the bottom half again (feels like forever). However, I feel like Christmas is going to be very lean this year.

Plymouth (h)
Northampton (a)
Newport (a)

I reckon 2 points if we're lucky. I'm not looking forward to boxing day one bit, if I'm being honest.
Robin
We can beat Plymouth and Newport are in awful form, I fear a defeat at Northampton however they have been bullying teams at home this season and play the long ball into the box very well.
Shade
We can beat anyone. But we will have to play a hell of a lot better at home than we have been playing to beat Plymouth. Northampton away will be hard but our away performances have been better. Newport are shocking right now but it would be just like us to end their run :lol: