Ryan Broom/January

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
http://bit.ly/PoshJanuaryBid" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Robin
As expected not sure Sheaf is the right replacement given his injury record, I'd like someone who can dribble and play balls through. I know we won't get him but someone like Danny Mayor either a youngster from the Prem or a non-league diamond if we have the scouting network.
Ben3
Cash in. He’s a good player but of all positions this is the easiest to cover

Spend all the money getting a good striker in and we’d go up
Shade
He's done pretty much what he did last season. Started off great and looked like he could easily step up a division, but as soon as there was the first mention of another club being interested he's gone right off the boil. If Peterborough want to take another of our players then they can have him, I reckon, as long as they pay a decent amount. We need to strengthen that midfield in both directions.
Robin
If we get £250,000 it would likely only stretch to a couple of players if that's a decent striker (I mentioned before I've heard this from multiple sources is our main transfer target) and the permanent signing of Jake then we've done ok I feel.
Ben3
Shade wrote:He's done pretty much what he did last season. Started off great and looked like he could easily step up a division, but as soon as there was the first mention of another club being interested he's gone right off the boil.
I think that’s a bit harsh. He is a trier and one of our better players most weeks. He’s very lively and his quality isn’t bad. But as I said, we have players who can step in and it’s clear the absolute priority is a striker to support reg and Reid who won’t play each week, and Smith, Lloyd and addai who are more ‘impact players’ in my humble opinion