Remember the times OldTurnCoat said he was never a CTFC fan?

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Ralph
Even though there were FGR supporters that said he was.

Well.. Footieman on the FGR forum. Knowledgable guy (can't remember his real name) KG3 or Chris will remind us.
He's been around FGR for years (maybe even at director level) and iirc was also involved with the running of the Conference in some way too. He's someone that isn't just going to make up a story for fun..

His post today on the FGR forum
OTC love your optimism; and having been associated with this Club since it was a little acorn, I applaud your devotion now you’ve become committed to the cause since Rovers spurted growth.

In reality Clubs go through highs and lows and despite best intentions things don’t come off or expectations are not reached.

I took time out yesterday to visit your previous Club and talking to people in the know Michael Duff has stuck in the main with the same group of players, through thick and thin. Their intensity was great to see with young Alfie May proving a real threat alongside Luke Varney.
May should have had four goals in the first half and with the rain and wind Orient proved dogged opponents. They got a massive slice of luck for their goal but it just raised the Robins to a new level.
There is more on CTFC in the post
Scroll down if you want to read the whole post
http://forum.fgrfc.net/viewtopic.php?f= ... 2&start=60" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Apologies for the thread just on this but i always new TurnCoat was a CTFC fan. He left us when Vince was trying to get CTFC fans to go to FGR during one of our bad seasons.
Chris FGR
Footieman is Colin Peake.
Ralph
Yep that was him.
Robin
Never thought it was in question that OTC used to be a Cheltenham fan. Natural order is returning though, our crowds slowly returning with 3000+ home fans the norm again, hopefully get back to averaging over 4000 in the next couple of seasons whilst FGR fan base is declining back to it's 800 hardcore.
Ben3
Yes interesting KIng Giraffe is openly switching allegiance, I guess they've got 800 or so hard core fans who'd rather watch paint dry than spend their money with us at the home of football! - but the other 1000 or so floating and casual fans may well return if we keep to do well. And I include the old turncoat in that second number
Malabus
Robin wrote:Never thought it was in question that OTC used to be a Cheltenham fan. Natural order is returning though, our crowds slowly returning with 3000+ home fans the norm again, hopefully get back to averaging over 4000 in the next couple of seasons whilst FGR fan base is declining back to it's 800 hardcore.
I've seen OTC in the Speedy Skips Stand during our last brief visit to the conference. Too be fair to him, he was wearing FGR coloured socks.
King giraffe iii
Ben3 wrote:Yes interesting KIng Giraffe is openly switching allegiance, I guess they've got 800 or so hard core fans who'd rather watch paint dry than spend their money with us at the home of football! - but the other 1000 or so floating and casual fans may well return if we keep to do well. And I include the old turncoat in that second number
Sorry to disappoint you but FGR are my team and always will be, even if I'm not attending any more home matches after the way I was treated by the club and its moronic stewards last season. DV and his CEO have no interest though. I'm not not the only stayaway. We're not part of the club anymore; we're just statistics. I'll reassess if FGR relocate to Eastington. It will be even less of the club I started watching in the 1980s. There will be nothing 'Forest Green' left. I grew up there. The regime doesn't care what will happen to Forest Green and Nailsworth once it moves on.

I went to WR yesterday as my daughter had complementary tickets through her school. She's lived in Cheltenham all of her life so CTFC are her home town team. She enjoyed it and wants to go again. I've no problem with that but it's far from a change of allegiance.

It said a lot to me that CTFC can employ the same stewarding company as FGR yet they treat you with a lot more respect at WR. They were very helpful too. I felt like a human being yesterday, not someone ready to be pounced upon simply because of the spot I watched the match from. Made me understand how one club appreciates its support whereas the other has nothing but disdain for people who congregate in one particular part of the ground.
Robin
Our stewarding during the early years of league status was generally pretty clueless and authoritarian too. In recent years it's matured and as you say generally fans are treated respectfully and as grown ups so FGR may change over time if they can retain their league place once DV moves on.