CTFC vs Colchester United Away 29th February 2020

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

theidlerich
CTFC vs Colchester United Away 29th February 2020

Posting this now; will add my take on the match later as still thawing out! Felt lucky to win; but last 20 mins or so deserved too.

Concentration required from the off; yet another goal gifted, well taken, but should have been prevented.
Woeful long balls, long passes, clearances, corners and goal kicks. Was wind the factor again? Suggest not. A few decent , but quality and accuracy sorely missing. Reid looked lost and unsure; sat nav needs a reset or a OS map; but will look forward to a fitter, sharper Reuben. May still mindlessly dribbling trying to drift through several defenders [a la Goerge Best - now there was a truly gifted player, a sight to behold]. Needs to be more aware of others around him and the incisive pass might produce better rewards. Can't fail to admire his enthusiasm, energy and endless running. Broom goal a cracker and a great Varney effort to score the winner; right person in the right place at he right time. The last 20 mins or so we were "on top". Boyle's yellow I felt was a travesty; a crunching tackle agreed, but he clearly got the ball [right in front of me]. Brought to mind the tackles of Norman Hunter [Leeds] and Chopper Harris [Chelsea - how they stayed on the pitch I shall never know! A petty and petulant ref who really should have red carded a couple of their players for their Oscar winning drammatics.
Good performances from Sean Long, Broom, Raglan and Hussey; Tozer and Reid considerably less so!

Congrats to Red Duke for a maximum :)

Colchester; I feel the wheels may well come off here , so a 2-0 loss, no CTFC scorer.