Help our club

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

longtimerobin
Would it be possible for fans to donate the entrance fee they would of paid to get in for each of our last home games starting with Tuesday's postponed game against NEWPORT as it seems likely the football season is over. This is a big ask I know, but would be a big thankyou to the players and staff for the season they have given. If our average gate this season is about 3200, and we were able to get 2200 people paying their entrance fee it would go a long way to cover the clubs wage bill. To have the chance of promotion taken from us at the last minute and also the worry of the players paying their bills and the health of the players families is a big kick in the teeth. Could a crowd funded account be opened to tied the club over this difficult time. Yes there are other important charities requiring donations I and many other fans of the Robins have donated to these in the past and raised a lot of money. Life will carry on in the future after this virus is beaten and I hope Cheltenham Town F. C. will still be going strong. I have been following the Robins for 65 years from selling programs when a young lad. sitting in the old wooden stand with my dad and watching the Robins finally getting into the football league. So come on you fans help the club now and look forward to the next season and more. Someone with more knowledge than me on how to set this up would be welcome.
Ihearye
Nice sentiment and I am sure there are those, like myself, that have bought tickets and will not be looking for a refund. However, with the prospect of many people having their wages cut, or even job losses. I think the club should avail themselves of the financial support available and seek help that way.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
A few issues raised in the above posts, including CTFC, charities, and supporters and communities facing job losses or wage cuts.

Why not use the crowd funding idea to tackle all of those. Maybe the Trust and the CTFC Community Foundation could run the crowd fund and promote not just to fans but the town’s population as a whole. Then some money can be given to the club, some to local charities helping vulnerable groups through the crisis, etc.

That would be a really joined-up effort and show that the Club is at the heart of the community.
SHANDY VOR
Does your handout to local community groups include Parklands, who are now being deprived of car parking income from your games?
horlickfanclub
Suggestion made last week under being considered by the Board.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
SHANDY VOR wrote:Does your handout to local community groups include Parklands, who are now being deprived of car parking income from your games?
Yes, just to keep them ticking over. Their main role is of course a social venue and running group visits of school children to see things they would not usually get to experience in life. So whilst their revenue is now gone, so is the cost of running events and activities. And the government is paying 80% of their wages. So yes some support from the CTFC fund would be welcome but it doesn’t need to be extensive.
Ihearye
What about - putting tickets up for sale online for playoff matches. Under the understanding, that if we don't make the playoffs, no refunds?
everyman
I dont think we will finish the season off,don`t want a refund and just an early bird discount next season.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I am not buying a season ticket again if this season isn’t finished. I will be too annoyed at having splashed out on 36 meaningless friendlies. Even if we don’t resume football until 2021 finishing the current season must take priority over starting new tournaments or seasons.