STOP WHINING AND WHINGEING

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Ladyrobin
At the beginning of the season we would never have dreamt of reaching the play offs. Michael Duff has reinvented our team. The display at Northampton was amazing. Bigger and better teams than us have blown out and not reached their goal.
With the limited budget he has he has worked miracles.
I am looking forward to the new season with optimism and back his management totally. Those of you who are griping and suggesting they will not support the team in future are sad souls.
Bring on the new season and I will be in my usual season ticket seat (COVID permitting) cheering the lads on.
Come on you Robins !!!!!!!
everyman
Ladyrobin wrote:At the beginning of the season we would never have dreamt of reaching the play offs. Michael Duff has reinvented our team. The display at Northampton was amazing. Bigger and better teams than us have blown out and not reached their goal.
I am looking forward to the new season with optimism and back his management totally. Those of you who are griping and suggesting they will not support the team in future are sad souls.
Bring on the new season and I will be in my usual season ticket seat (COVID permitting) cheering the lads on.
Thank you , despite the dramatic and devastating end to the season we have been well entertained with good play and results.Those whingers should find some other pastime which doesn`t upset their fragile ego`s which seem to depend on others success to boost their self esteem.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
everyman wrote:
Ladyrobin wrote:At the beginning of the season we would never have dreamt of reaching the play offs. Michael Duff has reinvented our team. The display at Northampton was amazing. Bigger and better teams than us have blown out and not reached their goal.
Thank you , despite the dramatic and devastating end to the season we have been well entertained with good play and results.Those whingers should find some other pastime which doesn`t upset their fragile ego`s which seem to depend on others success to boost their self esteem.
A bit harsh Everyman. I don’t think this is about egos or self-esteem. It is about fans who have endured a troublesome and chaotic period in British history for the last year or two, who clung to football as a distraction and as something constant and stable whilst the world around was spinning.

Then, as hope built and built and started slowly turning from hope into reality, the worst crisis of a generation - COVID-19 - ended not just life as we know it but also football, and importantly, that hope.

After three months of the biggest collective damage to the nation’s mental and physical health, all of a sudden football and its hope re-emerged, even when millions like me are still not allowed to see family or friends.

For the last two weeks football has been the one thing normal about the world, the one thing which was the same as the pre-COVID-19 era, the closest many like me would come to connecting with family again.

And the hope returned, and for us, it turned even more from hope in to reality after the first leg. And then that was shattered brutally.

Yes we lost play-offs before, yes we can all regret that Harry Kane missed a sitter to put England in to the World Cup final, etc. But there is something about the current COVID-19 lockdown life, the destabilisation and uncertainty it brings, the fragile situations many find themselves in, and the unknowns on the future of football which make this match and people’s’ emotions more entwined than ever before.

Globally 2020 is going to be one the worst years ever experienced. When a few thousand fans collectively sought solace, distraction and joy in their football club you cannot be surprised when a shock and body blow like that on Monday knocks us for six and provokes raw and strong reactions.
Malabus
It's the performance people are pissed off about.
Nesty
Malabus wrote:It's the performance people are pissed off about.
exactly

I also feel that the officials were woeful. The first goal was offside. the second our keeper was being shoved and pulled around.
asl
Nesty wrote:the officials were woeful. The first goal was offside. the second our keeper was being shoved and pulled around.
:shock:

Can't...tell...whether...serious...or....not...
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
asl wrote:
Nesty wrote:the officials were woeful. The first goal was offside. the second our keeper was being shoved and pulled around.
:shock:

Can't...tell...whether...serious...or....not...
Maybe he had the wrong Sky Sports channel on?
Hubert Parry
I thought the officials were excellent. Perhaps a bit lenient but I'd rather they go that way than the Kettle way.
Horteng
RCS summed it up well with the "Defining moments" on a other post. That is my view also (Albeit a bit of an extreme analogy with the Titanic but you get the hint!)