Whats the point...

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Malabus
Suspend the season, because 80% of ties will be postponed and season will not be finalised.
Clubs will go bust and that the way it is.
I blame the reckless youth and peeheads in the bars congregating in large groups.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
Shade
I guess the Grimsby player falls into one of those categories then?
Robin
Two postponements within a few days and cases rising across the country, this is going to become a more regular occurrence unless something can be done.
SHANDY VOR
Malabus wrote:Suspend the season, because 80% of ties will be postponed and season will not be finalised.
I blame the reckless youth and peeheads in the bars congregating in large groups.

I'm surprised you're not blaming China, Mal.
joes dad
SHANDY VOR wrote:
Malabus wrote:Suspend the season, because 80% of ties will be postponed and season will not be finalised.

I'm surprised you're not blaming China, Mal.
That's because it goes without saying...
ctfc-fan
Wait for the fixture pileup at the end of season, won’t help anyone.
CTFCfan99
Does anyone know how they're doing testing at the moment? Are all players and staff being regularly tested or are they now only testing when showing symptoms?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
CTFCfan99 wrote:Does anyone know how they're doing testing at the moment? Are all players and staff being regularly tested or are they now only testing when showing symptoms?
In the EFL there is no regular testing, unless the rules have been changed.

Orient only had tests because Spurs insisted they did and paid for it. Other Premier League sides paid for opponents to have tests before their League Cup ties as Premier League clubs didn’t want to risk playing untested sides. So who knows how long the Orient players had it.

“Plymouth, who also played Orient last week, are in discussions with the EFL following two positive results on Wednesday.”

Here was an article about it three days ago, with the EFL at the time considering bringing back mandatory testing rules.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ve-results" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Alf
Maybe less of a chance of infection if the EFL barred players from goal scoring cuddles and blowing snot and gobbing all over the pitch!