League Two chat

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Shade
Something, anything, about League Two football and not that bug that's still going around.

We would be 4th if we had won on Saturday, a point off the top... :lol:

Interesting results that seem to show that nobody has really got to grips with this season yet. No 100% records left after 3 games, except for Bolton and the other 3 sides at the bottom of the early table. Bolton are yet to score a goal, even with Eoin Doyle (can do it for Swindon but not big clubs, like Bradford and Bolton :D ), but I'm sure it's only a matter of time before their manager, with all of his two years of non-league management experience, and multitude of new players begin to gel and they run away with the division...

Morecambe picked up their second 2-1 away win, either side of their 5-0 home defeat. Does that show that at home we are now as bad as Southend?

Cambridge's fine start slowed by Tranmere, so I guess that also makes Cambridge a nice and easy 3-0 away win for us, and we'll beat Morecambe 8-0 at home...ah, I see a problem with my suppositions.

Strongly fancied Mansfield are yet to win and beaten at home by "transitioning" Exeter.

Bradford beat a Covid-hit Stevenage (who seem to be a bit better than last season, already a third of the way to their win-tally from 19/20). They should have "done a Grimsby". Maybe they decided it's best to get the games played rather than shoe-horn more Tuesday fixtures into the schedule before winter postponements even hit.

I feel like this has been said before somewhere, but it's a funny old game.
Robin
Southend for me are dire - I've not checked the fixture list but I hope we play them soon - and destined for relegation if they don't fold first.

Agree on the results, I have a feeling it's going to be a wild and unpredictable season but I think Bolton will eventually get to grips with it as their team gel so important we get points on the board early and build a buffer.