Port Vale

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Vale travel to Whaddon in terrible form.

They are now fourth bottom, having had a five game run of LDDLL.

It won’t be easy but it does look a good time to facing them.
Hubert Parry
Indeed. They were heavily tipped for promotion and they have some good players but that hasn't come to anything this season. I saw that their left wing back went off after 9 minutes yesterday which is perhaps to our advantage - he is often mentioned in the same breath as Hussey as being one of the better left backs in the league.
asl
Tom Pope will still score against us. I noticed he wasn't in the squad last night - probably being rested ahead of his mandatory brace against us.
Hubert Parry
Pope hasn't featured for weeks due to a broken arm. Very doubtful he will play this weekend
Shade
I much prefer to play teams on good runs. Against teams on poor runs we often look not quite at it and are more prone to slipping up. See Barrow and Grimsby, for the most obvious proof.
slinky_dog
Often it comes down to luck as to when you play an opponent

I noticed last night that our next 4 opponents did not manage a single goal between them last night.

Doesn’t count for much but I am trying to take the positives from that
asl
Hubert Parry wrote:Pope hasn't featured for weeks due to a broken arm. Very doubtful he will play this weekend
He could play with a broken leg and still feckin' score against us...