Grimsby

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Robin
Grimsby are on a decent run of form I believe, not lost many but picking up too many draws. I can foresee Monday's game being really scrappy a bit like our 1-0 derby win over Kiddy the weekend of that infamous Rushden game. An away win should realistically condemn Grimsby to the drop and secure another top seven finish for CTFC.
Hubert Parry
Grimsby were robbed yesterday. One of the most one sided refereeing performances of all time. They are playing well and many of those draws could easily have been wins.

We are in for a very tough game on Monday. It's from the playbook of every match we've lost this season! I'm hoping that yesterday might have demoralised them a bit.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
It will be a tough game but they are all.

If we lose, we stay ahead of Bolton, and Tranmere play Cambridge so we won’t be that much worse off.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Actually, after more thought, I am confident about this game.

Previously against bottom sides, the onus has been on us to take the game to them. They have been able to bank in, and we have had to find a way to break them down.

That’s because 5-10 games ago, a 0-0 was a good result for a bottom side but not for us.

However, that’s not the case now as we reach the final handful of games. We have breathing space to fourth. And Grimsby have to start winning otherwise they are non-league.

So we can go there with a solid shape. They have to take the game to us. And we can pick them off on the counter a couple of times.

A much different proposition from us going there having to try and force the game and break them down.
Malabus
Hubert Parry wrote:Grimsby were robbed yesterday. One of the most one sided refereeing performances of all time.
You have been on the Fishy Forum.
Malabus
G G T T H wrote:Could be a very tricky one for us, they were outstanding against us when they beat us 3-1 in October, best away team performance this season imho, lets hope they can't replicate it on Monday
"Outstanding".....think it was a case of a bad day at the office, we never turned up.

Grimsby will be relegated and good riddance, I will be raising a glass when confirmed.
RobinHood
Their run in contains games against Cambridge, Morecambe, Bolton and Exeter, so if they do stay up then they will have a big impact on the promotion race too.
paperboy
RobinHood wrote:Their run in contains games against Cambridge, Morecambe, Bolton and Exeter, so if they do stay up then they will have a big impact on the promotion race too.
In that case perhaps we should hope they win those crunch matches and worry less about whether they get relegated.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Just a reminder that super Hurst’s super Mariners, every Cheltenham fan’s second team, have two important games coming up in their survival battle.

Come on Grimsby, beat Bolton on Saturday and Morecambe on Tuesday. Prove the doubters wrong and that this great club is ready to battle for promotion to L1 in 2021/22.

UTM
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Great win today.

Beat Morecambe on Tuesday and Hurst must be favourite for manager of the season, surely.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Just when you thought super Hurst’s magnificent Mariners couldn’t be a better club they are now offering to give a free Grimsby shirt to anyone who ditches a Big 6 shirt (which are then given to charity). https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2 ... -launched/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The whole of football is cheering them on in their survival battle now, if they weren’t before.

Morecambe travel to Cleethorpes tomorrow, in another opportunity for Grimsby to pick up another three points.

UTM
Shade
Easy now...the love in ends after tomorrow's game as far as I'm concerned :P
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Haha. McKeown, what’s the score? Watch our for Danny Wright when you cross paths heading to non-league as Torquay replace you.

If they don’t go bust, they will be languishing for years if they don’t sack the hapless Hurst. Relegation was guaranteed the instant they appointed him and we love to see it.

Grimsby will be playing Gloucester many times before they ever play Cheltenham again.

Good riddance.
Shade
Useless bloody Codders.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Harry Pell relegating them as well with Colchester beating Southend tonight. Vintage.
longmover
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Haha. McKeown, what’s the score? Watch our for Danny Wright when you cross paths heading to non-league as Torquay replace you.

If they don’t go bust, they will be languishing for years if they don’t sack the hapless Hurst. Relegation was guaranteed the instant they appointed him and we love to see it.

Grimsby will be playing Gloucester many times before they ever play Cheltenham again.

Good riddance.
completely agree, after their fans antics in the semi final (conference) against braintree and their general entailment they can disappear for a good while.
Robin
Grimsby & Southend both relegated Saturday I would imagine.
Malabus
Robin wrote:Grimsby & Southend both relegated Saturday I would imagine.
Agree.
Grimsby got off field issues and I can’t see them bouncing back at the first attempt.
Shade
Robin wrote:Grimsby & Southend both relegated Saturday I would imagine.
What a day it could be if we end up all but promoted and Grimsby are relegated
asl
From The Fishy:

"What makes it worse is that Cheltenham won promotion to League 1 tonight. I fecking hate Cheltenham and they are now 2 leagues above us."

:D we'll miss you, too!
Ralph
It's crazy just how bad they have become over the years since we beat them in the playoff final. They need to get rid of Fenty. 2 trips to the conference in recent years under his chairmanship.

Also Andy Wilcox - well done on everything he and the board have done since taking over from Paul esp this season
Malabus
Think we should all register to the cod rant forum.

Heres another quote from there.

"I know we are all drunk off that Cheltenham will play Sheffield Wednesday next season whilst we’ll play Borehamwood.
"
Si Robin
Ralph wrote:It's crazy just how bad they have become over the years since we beat them in the playoff final. They need to get rid of Fenty. 2 trips to the conference in recent years under his chairmanship.

Also Andy Wilcox - well done on everything he and the board have done since taking over from Paul esp this season
Fenty is being bought out by all accounts. Should be new owners by the summer
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Thought it was funny that Fisher equalised for Exeter.
longmover
Malabus wrote:Think we should all register to the cod rant forum.

Heres another quote from there.

"I know we are all drunk off that Cheltenham will play Sheffield Wednesday next season whilst we’ll play Borehamwood.
"
chin up, hopefully fenty sells to even bigger crooks