27th April

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Ben3
I should imagine they'll be dancing in the streets of Whaddon that night

What a time to be a fan :!: 8-)
everyman
Ben3 wrote:I should imagine they'll be dancing in the streets of Whaddon that night

What a time to be a fan :!: 8-)
Firework night :D
Robin
Am I right in thinking we can win promotion next week if results go our way?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:Am I right in thinking we can win promotion next week if results go our way?
You are not right in thinking, I am afraid to say.

If Tranmere and Morecambe both lose on Tuesday (us and FGR don’t play) and Saturday they will be on 65 and 63 with four to play.

If we win on Saturday we will be on 75.

So ten points ahead with four to play for our rivals.

Unless you mean Tuesday 20th..we can be promoted then. That would need Tranmere and Morecambe to lose two of their next three, FGR to lose the next two, and us to win the next two.
Robin
OK so Stevenage away is the earliest but more realistically we are looking at Colchester or Carlisle at home to seal it.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:OK so Stevenage away is the earliest but more realistically we are looking at Colchester or Carlisle at home to seal it.
Four wins (RCS Countdown) or 27th April (Ben3 Forecasting) depending which of the two you subscribe to.
asl
The day the table says we cannot finish lower than third, is the day I'll celebrate promotion and start looking at next season in League 1. The day we are confirmed as champions, I'll celebrate again. I don't care what dates those things occur and I don't care if we only make it because other teams drop points rather than us winning.

The most important match of the season so far - and the only focus - is the *next* one. Hopefully we'll win!
Shade
The most predictable thing about the league this season has been its unpredictability. It could go down to 4.51pm on the 8th May, the way the season has gone. Losses, draws and drama to come yet.

(although I did predict us, Bolton and...er...Grimsby...for automatic promotion back at the start of the season...will have to find that old thread soon)
Robin
The truly sad thing is we are unlikely to be allowed in the ground to celebrate promotion (unless final games are pushed back until after 17th May or we go up via the play offs).
Shade
Have to have a party in the ground 2 hours before kick off of our first game back in League 1 :)

I do hope there is some kind of plan being made by either iFollow or the club with a live stream on youtube so that we are able to watch any celebrations live, rather than kust the game ends, we have gone up and that's it.
Fuller
Robin wrote:The truly sad thing is we are unlikely to be allowed in the ground to celebrate promotion (unless final games are pushed back until after 17th May or we go up via the play offs).
Yes it is very sad, I'm just grateful I've been able to see all the home and away games on iFollow.

IF we do get promoted, and things open up and restrictions reduced, then perhaps the club will arrange an open day or an open top bus tour of the town.

Not counting my chickens yet though, could be a few more twists and turns to come in the next month .....
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:Have to have a party in the ground 2 hours before kick off of our first game back in League 1 :)

I do hope there is some kind of plan being made by either iFollow or the club with a live stream on youtube so that we are able to watch any celebrations live, rather than kust the game ends, we have gone up and that's it.
Open the club bar post-match with the car park filled with outdoor seating.

Or, Alfie, Boyle and Tozer to do a Pell/Wright/Storer and sing FFG down the microphone.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Come on then Ben, how much did you bribe the players to delay promotion for a few days to make sure your 27th April prediction was correct?