20 years ago today

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Fuller
20 years ago today, we played away to Blackpool on Easter Monday.
We drew 2 - 2 with Charlie MacDonald getting both our goals.
Thing I clearly recall that day was Mike Duff turning his back on the ball as he thought it had gone out for a Blackpool corner, two secs later the ball was in the net! Booky, Milts & Grant in the team that day too.
Great turn out that day, we had a couple of days up in the area and the sea front was full of Red & White shirts, apparently there was over a 1,000 of us supporting the Robins that day.
We really needed a win to keep our play off chances high but it was a typical Cotts era whole hearted display, and we were all proud of the lads at such a historic old club, mind you there were two old stand left by then, it looked a right dump!
Great few days though. Who else on here was up there?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I was not there but remember following the game.

Funny to think that since then they have been to the Premier League, we have been to non-league and now we may well be playing each other again next season (if they don’t go up).
Hubert Parry
I was not there but my abiding memory of that game was its feature on the VHS that CTFC released of its first two FL seasons, with Tim Russon dubbing "and Charlie Mac D was there again". For some reason, the child in me at the time found that hilarious, and whenever I have heard Charlie MacDonald's name ever since, Russon's pretty unremarkable comment comes right back to me.