Hereford under transfer embargo

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

CheltRobin
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28403336" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Starting life in the Southern League in the same way they left the Conference I see.
Coops
CheltRobin wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28403336

Starting life in the Southern League in the same way they left the Conference I see.
Embargo or Agombar, both will cause big problems for Hereford.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Time for the people of Cheltenham to do their bit for the people of Hereford and thus I am pleased to announce this years 'RCS Architecture Competition' entitled 'Ideas to Transform an Urban Wasteland' - see below for details and free for all to enter.

Welcome to the RCS Architecture Competition, 2014: Ideas to Transform an Urban Wasteland

For years the Cathedral City of Hereford, with it's delightful historic town centre has been blighted by a now derelict site known as Edgar Street on the edge of the town centre.

Not one penny of investment has been spent to clean or maintain the site since 1972 and in the last two decades it has become such a health hazard that even a nearby cattle market had to close for safety reasons.

Finally, after all these years property developers from London are working hard to assume full control of the site, demolish and decontaminate it and construct a new development befitting history of the city and the splendour of the apple orchards and grazing pastures, which all Gloucestershire natives will associate with.

As arbiters of all fineness and quality, RCS and Cheltonians as a whole, can help to ensure a stylish and innovative development takes place. After all, we saw a similar number of decades of blight and underinvestment in the St James Station and Black and White Coach Station site and ended up with nothing more than a supermarket and a tatty car park - let's not see the same mistake again.

The developers have scheduled a meeting on Saturday 9th August as Edgar Street will be ready for demolition that day, so all budding designers and architects please submit your plans to the RCS judges by Friday 8th August where-after the best three will be presented the following day.

Good Luck!
asl
http://unofficialbulls.proboards.com/thread/42574" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Transfer embargo being lifted it seems - and the fans aren't happy...
Vanky
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Time for the people of Cheltenham to do their bit for the people of Hereford and thus I am pleased to announce this years 'RCS Architecture Competition' entitled 'Ideas to Transform an Urban Wasteland' - see below for details and free for all to enter.

Welcome to the RCS Architecture Competition, 2014: Ideas to Transform an Urban Wasteland

For years the Cathedral City of Hereford, with it's delightful historic town centre has been blighted by a now derelict site known as Edgar Street on the edge of the town centre.

Not one penny of investment has been spent to clean or maintain the site since 1972 and in the last two decades it has become such a health hazard that even a nearby cattle market had to close for safety reasons.

Finally, after all these years property developers from London are working hard to assume full control of the site, demolish and decontaminate it and construct a new development befitting history of the city and the splendour of the apple orchards and grazing pastures, which all Gloucestershire natives will associate with.

As arbiters of all fineness and quality, RCS and Cheltonians as a whole, can help to ensure a stylish and innovative development takes place. After all, we saw a similar number of decades of blight and underinvestment in the St James Station and Black and White Coach Station site and ended up with nothing more than a supermarket and a tatty car park - let's not see the same mistake again.

The developers have scheduled a meeting on Saturday 9th August as Edgar Street will be ready for demolition that day, so all budding designers and architects please submit your plans to the RCS judges by Friday 8th August where-after the best three will be presented the following day.

Good Luck!

Here's the finished product. Just leave it like this- loads better.
asl
Edgar Street receives it's safety certificate, two days before the start of the season. Capacity limited to 1000 and just two stands. Three season tickets have been sold, so far.
Shade
asl wrote:Edgar Street receives it's safety certificate, two days before the start of the season. Capacity limited to 1000 and just two stands. Three season tickets have been sold, so far.
My mates wife, who worked at shedgar on match days, is boycotting the club and watching a team made up of the fans instead, along with the vast majority of fans apparently. 600 turned up to their first game.
asl
Yea, I've been keeping an eye on bulls banter - it's been quite amusing! Be interesting to see how many home fans there are on Saturday - I've a suspicion the owners will bus some mates in from Essex in order to confirm that it's just "20 or so keyboard warriors" causing trouble. Steve Guinan has been turning out for the fan's team.
Ralph
asl wrote:Edgar Street receives it's safety certificate, two days before the start of the season. Capacity limited to 1000 and just two stands. Three season tickets have been sold, so far.
are they in the southern Prem or lower?
Coops
Ralph wrote:
are they in the southern Prem or lower?
Hereford are in the Southern League Premier Division, Ralph. They will play St Neots at home on Saturday.
Ralph
Thanks Coops!
Ralph
got beat 0-2 by the mighty St Neots today
Ralph
http://bullsnews.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

scroll down and you appear to have the owner on the pitch giving tactical info to the coach :lol: this is going to end well
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
568 the official attendance at Hereford.

379 at Whitley Bay a few tiers lower down.
CheltRobin
The end is nigh.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Vanky wins the RCS Architecture competition. Bulldozeer time.
Vanky
Get in!
asl
http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-here ... r-28727280" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
When the chairman says ridiculous things like this you know you're in trouble:

"We want to preserve the history of Hereford here and turn it into a legacy for the future."

Also, interesting demographic in that photo. I can only assume everyone under fifty was at home reading JP live feed of Cheltenham.
asl
It's a flippin' soap-opera over there... http://bullsnews.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08 ... ctors.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So they've suddenly realised that the only way they're going to get any money back from their 'investment' is to get the CVA, that they openly admit is pie in the sky, accepted by 75% of the creditors. Despite generating and buying debt themselves, they're clearly short of that marker as there seems no way HMRC will accept it. On top of that, Agombar, who was in the dug-out 'advising' the manager on Saturday, has failed the 'fit and proper person' test and is not allowed to hold more than a handful of shares and he's now desperately trying to get someone to pay him £250k for them! Won't be long now... I think Leo wins: he said he thought HUFC would start the season but not finish it. I can't see them getting through September.
asl
CVA rejected. Hereford United now almost certainly to be wound up on 1st September - if not done voluntarily before that. Saturday's match away at Dorchester now may not take place.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
real question is then, will it Persimmon, Bellway or Taylor Wimpey?

Hopefully they will sneak in a "Mohammed Drive (cul-de-sac)" into whatever estate gets built on the site.
asl
The leases for the 'stadium' revert back to the council. Depends on whether the council want to encourage a new local team to play there - otherwise, it'll be a local ground-share for AFC Hereford United and, as you say, some shiny new houses.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Lost 3-0 in Dorchester.

I didn't know they fluked a draw in the week!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Penny finally dropping on Bulls Banter.

http://unofficialbulls.proboards.com/th ... 051/leases" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
asl
They've been smelling a rat for a while now ever since it was clear that the CVA was written by Hans Christian Andersen.

Season tickets went on sale today! :?
asl
AFCcolebridge2014 wrote:Fair play. Clever stuff.

The CVA was never going to be approved. HMRC never support them and it was written in such a way by the estimable Mr Landsman, that it was bound to be rejected. But it distracted everyone's attention for the last few weeks. As did the Agombar and Nathan show. They can now trot off, no doubt with a fair wedge each for their troubles. Tommy hasn't lost a penny personally as it was never his money in the first place. They've got a team playing I. The Southern League ina stadium with a sub 1k capacity, which can easily be increased to comply with SL requirements at the drop of a hat, because it was the clubs own self imposed limit.

Meanwhile, whilst all this was going on in the background, they do a sensible deal with HMRC. And Foyle/Porter. Which means that neither will pursue the Winding Up Petition. I suspect anyone who is now trying to attach to the petition will find that there a nothing to attach to. No winding up order, no pesky CVA, no 10 pt deduction. Do they need to worry about someone coming in and winding up the club? Nope. Council not pushing for back rent and rates, because club can now keep them in the 1939 Company and renegotiate at their leisure. If this means surrendering them for development in return for a bit of land elsewhere, then sobeit. Isn't this what happened at Bedfont? Lonsdale has experience of this.

So. With a glass half full approach, the club could now be in the hands of people who will rebuild from the Southern League, leave Edgar Street and relocate in a new ground that can be extended in due course as the club perhaps eventually returns to the Conference. 5 year plan. Be

The glass half empty approach sees the club scraping around in the SL for a couple of years before the bulldozers move in and a ground share is left as the only option.
That doesn't look a million miles from the truth... They've been well and truely shafted.
Circa 1887
The whole situation is a fascinating read. There are clearly some very questionable characters pulling the strings in the boardroom.

I sympathise with the fans for the situation they have been placed in and i'd never wish it upon a club. That being said, if I HAD to chose a club for it to happen to.....
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Any fan who paid money to that club for the last twenty years with none of it being spent on the ground deserves all they get in my opinion. Fan pressure could have seen stands redeveloped but they'd rather try and compete above their level in League One. If they had invested in the ground rather than letting it decay then there wouldn't be such an overwhelming case for bulldozing it and redeveloping the site into something useful.

Moving to a new site is best for the council, the town and the club. And the region in fact. Land is scarce. Gloucestershire and Herefordshire need houses and to think such an area of half derelict hardly used urban blight has existed for so long is a shame.

Would love to see them move to a new ground.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I don't know if they still get internet via cup and string, or if they are just slow on the uptake - but the whirring cogs on Bullsbanter are finally clicking into gear!

"the existing club has to shut in order for football in herefordshire to have any hope of a viable and hopefully prosperous future."

http://unofficialbulls.proboards.com/th ... ent?page=2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
asl
That's what the boycotters have wanted since the start. If the current club is liquidated, the leases to Edgar Street revert back to the Council and the "Thieving, lying, Essex B#$tards" will end up with nothing. It's never been about keeping Hereford United alive.

I've spent more time than is good for me on that Board, lately. I must admit, I'm getting a little tired of being told that Andy Lonsdale is fat and ugly and that Tommy Agombar is a "thoroughly dishonest man", etc, etc, etc. There's no doubt this whole episode has split the Hereford support apart, even within families. Many have said they will never support the old club, even if all the debtors are paid off (starting to look likely - see my second sentence as to why) - while non-boycotters are saying they won't support a Phoenix club. Let's see what Monday brings and the winding-up court case. The smart money says a mysterious new backer will pay the debt owed to HMRC and Martin Foyle and any other main creditors who need to be satisfied so that a re-vamped CVA can be pushed through as the Bad Folk of Essex will then 'own' the requisite 75% of the remaining debt.
Malabus
I love Tommy Agombar...winds up the Shed fans better than I ever could.
asl
This made me chuckle on Bulls Banter, just now:
Basically this Hereford side is like having 11 Michael Townsends. 95% of the time they're pretty competent, but you know that 3 or 4 times a game there's going to be a duck up that costs a goal.
Yea, with you, there... :)
Malabus
Monday's hearing going to be top entertainment.
asl
Adjourned yet again, for another week.