Gateshead vs Gloucester: Home or Away?

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Gateshead vs Gloucester next season.

Can’t decide whether to support the backward Leave voting mob from South of the River or to get behind Cheltenham’s arch rivals.

I think probably Shire Solidarity will rule and I will take to the away end in my Glos CCC cap.

I can use my post allocation to give Shandy 90 mins of verbal diarrhoea :lol:

Seriously though, looking forward to the Glos boys making the trip up. Happy to advise on the best ale houses.
SHANDY VOR
So you're back, hope you're going to behave yourself this time.

It's not certain Gateshead are going to be in our league next year, they are having financial difficulties.

As for your support, I'm not sure you'd be welcome. Some of the stuff you have posted on here over the years about the ground share, your thoughts on the shire capital, and some cruel and vitriolic stuff make you less popular than a fart in a sauna. The great American philosopher Louis Reed quite rightly stated that you reap what you sow, and Adam Henson confirmed this recently on Countryfile, so it must be true.

Me, personally, I'd have a drink with you, especially if you paid and hadn't dropped rohypnol in my ale. I am a very forgiving man, although I draw the line at Dennis Neilsen.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Throughout the groundshare I was the most vocal about wanting to help you get a proper home, for the benefit of both clubs. I even proposed that CTFC fans help raise money to contribute to your stadium development, which did not go down well with the more partisan Robins who enjoy seeing you struggle.

My vitriol was pretty much aimed at EMG (and this season the hapless Todd), not the club or fans - the latter I have praised no end for keeping the club alive and being more die-hard and passionate than CTFC fans.

Anyway, looks like AP is getting the job done re the stadium and looking forward to you lads playing there again and kicking on. Hopefully he has the cash and commitment for the long haul to get you established back in the City. I will give EMG some credit too for accepting he was not able to do it alone and bringing AP on board to reverse the decline.
Shade
I've just seen Gloucester's new "old" shirt. Not bad at all. Done by Phil Vickery's (rugby, not chef) Raging Bull company. The away kit isn't too shabby either, although it does very much have a rugby look to it. https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/s ... ty-2988494" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;