Comedy gold from Gloucester fan Neil

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
:lol: :lol: :lol:

A city fan on their forum started a thread about rivals in their league, and Neil (remember him?) came up with this classic:

“Chelt were never BIG rivals back then, they were local rivals, those games did well to muster crowds of 3000, that's not exactly Old Firm is it? They've done well with the opportunities that came their way, that said, if they fell in a vat of sh*t they'd come out smelling of roses. The thing that irks me is that there are Gloucester people supporting them. W*nkers.”

https://thecityopenforum.co.uk/showthre ... 16#pid9016" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shade
:lol: still bitter after all these years.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Imagine how different his life might have been if his team hadn’t bottled that last game of the season vs Salisbury in 1997.
Shade
Someone should make a new Sliding Doors movie based on that game.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:Someone should make a new Sliding Doors movie based on that game.
Ends up with Gloucester City in the Championship, and Neil as a superstar Instagram influencer, earning enough to help fund a promotion push to the Premier League.
SHANDY VOR
And you as 'noise' on a Southern League forum
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Haha. Neil owned by JP on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/JonPalmerSport/stat ... 3080548356" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yes JP, there’s ALWAYS a Tweet! :lol:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Not Neil-related but JP is providing the lockdown Twitter content we need this cold damp evening.

Alex Petherham releases a statement criticising/dismissing JP, and JP responds with more breaking news.

Keep it coming JP!

https://twitter.com/JonPalmerSport/stat ... 8619021325" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shade
That's quite funny. There's a "hold my beer" meme in there somewhere.
Ralph
I wonder who picked out the background and text colour combination for that press release and were they colour blind?
Shade
Oddly, I am colour blind and seemed to be able to read it better than most :lol:
Ralph
He did it that way just for you lol
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Haha Alex Petherham really is a bullsh!tter.

Last week, in an interview with Neil, AP said the manager would be appointed on Friday or Saturday.

Friday JP was reporting that McAllister was choosing between Gloucester and Sunderland and the Newcastle Chronicle was reporting the same this evening, saying McAllister is close to reuniting with Lee Johnson.

AP denied this of course, but low and behold, no manager is appointed and AP says in his latest interview that he just changed his mind and decided not to make an appointment.

And then says he will see what else comes in next week.

Doesn’t take a genius to put two and two together and are it is obvious AP wanted McAllister and now has to find a plan B and is trying to blag it to save face with his claims he just didn’t appoint a manager because it didn’t feel right and late applications came in.

http://severnsport.co.uk/exclusive-peth ... ch-update/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
paperboy
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Haha Alex Petherham really is a bullsh!tter.

Last week, in an interview with Neil, AP said the manager would be appointed on Friday or Saturday.

Friday JP was reporting that McAllister was choosing between Gloucester and Sunderland and the Newcastle Chronicle was reporting the same this evening, saying McAllister is close to reuniting with Lee Johnson.

AP denied this of course, but low and behold, no manager is appointed and AP says in his latest interview that he just changed his mind and decided not to make an appointment.

Doesn’t take a genius to put two and two together and are it is obvious AP wanted McAllister and now has to find a plan B and is trying to blag it to save face with his claims he just didn’t appoint a manager because it didn’t feel right and late applications came in.

http://severnsport.co.uk/exclusive-peth ... ch-update/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Spot on RCS.
....and if he goes for Perry Groves who JP mentioned he'll just be confirming that JP was correct.
Leak enquiry called for.
longmover
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Imagine how different his life might have been if his team hadn’t bottled that last game of the season vs Salisbury in 1997.
didn't a city fan run on the pitch and attack the ref in that game?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
paperboy wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Haha Alex Petherham really is a bullsh!tter.

Spot on RCS.
....and if he goes for Perry Groves who JP mentioned he'll just be confirming that JP was correct.
Leak enquiry called for.
JP reporting Groves has quit his job in Israel and will be appointed at Gloucester this week.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Groves appointed. Gloucester City officially announce over three days after JP first called it.

Great work by JP!
everyman
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

A city fan on their forum started a thread about rivals in their league, and Neil (remember him?) came up with this classic:

“Chelt were never BIG rivals back then, they were local rivals, those games did well to muster crowds of 3000, that's not exactly Old Firm is it? They've done well with the opportunities that came their way, that said, if they fell in a vat of sh*t they'd come out smelling of roses. The thing that irks me is that there are Gloucester people supporting them. W*nkers.”

https://thecityopenforum.co.uk/showthre ... 16#pid9016" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Well you would have an inferiority complex if you lived in that sh**hole ! and it is justified.
SHANDY VOR
Crikey - has that been stewing with you for 6 weeks? I'd say your comments say more about you and your superiority complex than anyone else.

What a snob
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
SHANDY VOR wrote:Crikey - has that been stewing with you for 6 weeks? I'd say your comments say more about you and your superiority complex than anyone else.

What a snob
Agree. Uncalled for. The historical parts of Gloucester, and the quays, are splendid. And for away fans, walking through the quays and Llanthony Priory to the stadium is a fine day out.
everyman
SHANDY VOR wrote:Crikey - has that been stewing with you for 6 weeks? I'd say your comments say more about you and your superiority complex than anyone else.

What a snob
Gone fishing! getting bites even without using bate :lol:
SHANDY VOR
I don't believe you. I think you realise you were being a tool and are trying to recover the situation.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
SHANDY VOR wrote:I don't believe you. I think you realise you were being a tool and are trying to recover the situation.
That’s my conclusion when people post “fishing!” as their reply. The internet forum equivalent of “I know you are, you said you are, but what am I” and other such primary school refrains.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
SHANDY VOR wrote:I don't believe you. I think you realise you were being a tool and are trying to recover the situation.
Talking about tools, AP’s Twitter replies are the new ‘must follow’ for 2021.

Is he just a kn*b, or should we actually be concerned he is having a breakdown / crisis in public?

https://mobile.twitter.com/PetheramAlex/with_replies" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The state of this. He’s meant to be a Chairman of a professional football club. Imagine if Messrs Baker or Wilcox did this. What an embarrassment.

SHANDY VOR
I see you've got a new obsession Sam, you must live an exhausting life moving from one negativity to another. Alex is quite an open chap, that's his personality, not all chairs need to follow a crusty blueprint.

He's hardly embarrassing himself, unlike some of the revelations about yourself you've shared on here.........
Ralph
SHANDY VOR wrote:I see you've got a new obsession Sam, you must live an exhausting life moving from one negativity to another. Alex is quite an open chap, that's his personality, not all chairs need to follow a crusty blueprint.

He's hardly embarrassing himself, unlike some of the revelations about yourself you've shared on here.........
Esp the one thing he admitted to on here

RCS has no right to say anything about anyone after that.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ralph wrote:
SHANDY VOR wrote:I see you've got a new obsession Sam, you must live an exhausting life moving from one negativity to another. Alex is quite an open chap, that's his personality, not all chairs need to follow a crusty blueprint.

Esp the one thing he admitted to on here

RCS has no right to say anything about anyone after that.
:roll: :lol:
longmover

He expects other football professionals to take him seriously? is this a school project for him?