No way Jose

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Mourinho sacked.
The Old TomCat
Shocked but not surprised.
Jose is a serial winner but for first time in managerial career his team is amongst the also-rans.
He now comes across as very sour, not the happy-go-lucky character when first in England with Chelsea.
The fact that Man U do not have a replacement lined up suggest the club were unprepared for such an eventuality.
The club might regret sacking him because the European Cup has been kind to Man U and luck is sometimes needed in winning knockout competitions. The temporary manager will not have as much insight of that competition or Man U tactics to progress as Jose.
My thoughts are that Jose attended a formal meeting to discuss why Man U are in worst league position in many decades and he made some extravagant demands that the board refused. To which Jose replied something like: "If you don't agree, I will resign," and the board said GO.
I suspect Jose has burnt all his bridges in England and that will be the last we see of him as a manager in our country.
Red Duke
I don't think that he is in a good place mentally. Living in a hotel all the time he has been at Man Utd has not done him any favours. He should have his family around him to enable him to get away from football.
Sprout Picker
The Old TomCat wrote:Shocked but not surprised.
Jose is a serial winner but for first time in managerial career his team is amongst the also-rans.
He now comes across as very sour, not the happy-go-lucky character when first in England with Chelsea.
The fact that Man U do not have a replacement lined up suggest the club were unprepared for such an eventuality.
The club might regret sacking him because the European Cup has been kind to Man U and luck is sometimes needed in winning knockout competitions. The temporary manager will not have as much insight of that competition or Man U tactics to progress as Jose.
My thoughts are that Jose attended a formal meeting to discuss why Man U are in worst league position in many decades and he made some extravagant demands that the board refused. To which Jose replied something like: "If you don't agree, I will resign," and the board said GO.
I suspect Jose has burnt all his bridges in England and that will be the last we see of him as a manager in our country.
Not having a go but really don't think you've thought your post through very well.

Mourinho has been among the also-rans before - remember when he got sacked from his second spell at Chelsea? Heard of the oft-used phrase 'third-season syndrome' with regard to his spells in charge?

Not sure I'd describe PSG as an easy draw in the European Cup.

Who says they don't have a replacement lined up both long-term and in caretaker capacity to the end of the season?

Finally, if he had offered to resign the board surely would have accepted it and saved themselves millions of pounds? The reports say he was sacked.

I do agree that it is unlikely that he will manage another club in England though you never know in football.

As Red Duke says I suspect he is not in a great place mentally and have thought so for some time.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Odds on Mourinho managing Portugal to a grizzly 1-0 win in the Euros final at Wembley, before putting his finger to his lips to sshh the crowd and unloading a tirade against the British media post-match?
asl
The Old TomCat wrote:The fact that Man U do not have a replacement lined up
That's a fact, is it? Confirmed it directly with Woodward, I presume? :)

I wouldn't be in the slightest bit surprised if ZZ hasn't been on the director's contact list for some little while. Poch would be my first choice if I were a fan of the Scummers - but I'm not so I hope they appoint Allardice. I'm not convinced Poch would leave Spurs, anyway...
The Old TomCat
Sprout Picker wrote:
Not having a go but really don't think you've thought your post through very well.

Mourinho has been among the also-rans before - remember when he got sacked from his second spell at Chelsea? Heard of the oft-used phrase 'third-season syndrome' with regard to his spells in charge?

Who says they don't have a replacement lined up both long-term and in caretaker capacity to the end of the season?

Finally, if he had offered to resign the board surely would have accepted it and saved themselves millions of pounds? The reports say he was sacked.

I do agree that it is unlikely that he will manage another club in England though you never know in football.

As Red Duke says I suspect he is not in a great place mentally and have thought so for some time.
My post very well thought out.
Reference news item: http://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/premier- ... cid=TSHDHP" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"A new caretaker manager will be appointed until the end of the current season, while the club conducts a thorough recruitment process for a new, full-time manager.”

Chelsea sacked him just after he won Premiership and League Cup. A knee-jerk sacking

My comment that he might have offered to resign and club sacked him [with probably lots of compensation] is in context that it was probably cheaper to sack him rather than bow down to his demands.

All teams left in European Cup are excellent but PSG has never won that Cup.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The Old TomCat wrote:
Sprout Picker wrote:

Reference news item: http://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/premier- ... cid=TSHDHP" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"A new caretaker manager will be appointed until the end of the current season, while the club conducts a thorough recruitment process for a new, full-time manager.”

Chelsea sacked him just after he won Premiership and League Cup. A knee-jerk sacking

My comment that he might have offered to resign and club sacked him [with probably lots of compensation] is in context that it was probably cheaper to sack him rather than bow down to his demands.

How would it be cheaper than letting him resign?
The Old TomCat
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
How would it be cheaper than letting him resign?
If he had threatened to resign, you can bet your bottom dollar that he would have had lawyers to ensure that he was fully compensated when he eventually handed in his notice. That could have taken weeks/months to resolve leaving the club in limbo while waiting for him to go.
Anyway it was mere supposition on my part. As with everything in football nobody will never know the full story.
Shade
Usual cloud cuckoo land posting...

I'm going to love seeing how the Scummers get on under Carrick for the next 6 months :lol: :lol:

Pogba already in trouble for a now-deleted twitter post, with Gary Neville replying to it with "You can do one too" :lol:
The Old TomCat
[quote="Shade"]Usual cloud cuckoo land posting...

quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sprout Picker
The Old TomCat wrote:
Sprout Picker wrote:

Chelsea sacked him with the club languishing in the lower half of the table and after a series of poor results amid rumours that he'd lost the dressing room. They'd lost 9 of their 16 league games so I wouldn't call it 'knee jerk'.

If he resigned they'd owe him nothing as it is his own decision to leave.

You described the European Cup draw as kind to Man Utd. PSG may not have won it previously but have an expensively assembled squad that has already beaten Liverpool this season. Man City haven't won it either but I'm not sure anyone will be relishing having to face them. Just because they've not won it previously offers no bearing on whether they might in the future.