Yeovil Town

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

paperboy
Forced to sell their ground to survive.

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/news/som ... wn-4732982" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This has now been agreed,but shows the damage being done to clubs not dissimilar in size to ourselves.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I imagine they entered the pandemic in a much worse state than us.

When we went down, Paul Baker said if we hadn’t come straight back up we would have had to go part time or even fold. So in that respect, Yeovil have done better than use to survive in non-league into a second season.

Not surprised they were less resilient to Covid.
Ralph
They are bottom of the National League and no signs of winning very soon. in the Championship 2014/15 I think and now staring at National League South. It's a must that relegated clubs from L2 get back up in those first 2 years
Shade
There's some serious mismanagement.

Just seen on twitter that their "money man" Club Director has resigned with immediate effect. He was pretty much a silent partner but it leaves a sole owner of the club.

They're f#!$ ed
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I have always had a theory that geographical areas only have a certain carrying capacity for successful clubs.

Bournemouth rising as Portsmouth declined, Harrogate rising as York declined, Salford rising as Macc go bust, Blackpool collapsing whilst Fleetwood and Fylde succeed.

Pretty much every region seems to have an ebb flow where the number of thriving teams stays the same but the make up of those teams change.

Most over West Country teams are on good form or stable so Yeovil are bearing the brunt of the downward force.